Ch 17 he's mine

Chases POV

So I text Ian and let him know that Lucas invited me to go eat after school.
The plan is to make him believe that I am feeling him in every way possible, get his hopes up and then break it to him. Karmas a bitch.

The school day went by really fast. Before you know it the last bell to be dismissed was ringing.

"Hey Chase you ready?" Yelled Lucas from across the hall. I was putting my math books into my locker since I wouldn't need them tonight.

I was shutting my locker when he finally reached me.

"Yeah, I was just putting my math books away."

I said with a wide grin on my face.
Lets go. We made our way to his car, he opened the door for me and quickly ran to the drivers side door.

"I'm glad you said yes to my invite."

"No problem, I get free food so that means a lot to me." I chuckled and looked out of the window.

Lucas just kept looking straight forward while driving with a wide smile from ear to ear on his face.

We arrived about ten minutes later later, just when I was about to open the door he stops me.
He runs out of his side of the car to my side and opens my door.

I give him the side eye. "Thank you, I guess you didn't have to do that, this isn't a date."

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes.
"I know I just wanted to be nice."

I stepped out of the car and put my jacket on because it was a bit chilly.

We walked up to the door and he was acting like a gentleman again. He reached out and opened the door for me.

We found a booth near the front window and sat down. He kept looking at me like I was some piece of candy that hat he was craving badly.

"So what made you ask me out to eat?"

"Well since we first met in the cafeteria we never actually got to know each other."

I nodded my head making it seem like I was so interested in what he was saying.

"I just want to be closer as friends, since you know I'm new around here and I don't have any. Well I did become friends with Ian."

He tried to look so concerned when saying Ian's name, because he still thinks I'm mad at Ian. That's ok let him think that.

The waitress came over with no smile what so ever on her face.

"So what would you like?" She said while popping her gum.
She should be glad I'm a happy soul because, I would have grabbed this stupid bitch by her damn blonde ponytail and, made her spit out her gum and act like a lady.

"Yes I would like the Philly cheese steak with the fully loaded potato wedges and a baha blast with 3 ice cubes." Damn dude ain't playing about his food order.

"And you?" she ask after chewing like a damn cow.

I flinched at the sound of her popping gum. "I'll have the grill smoked sausage sandwich with NO tomatoes and pickles lots of mayo and a baked potato with a side of butter, sour cream and, avocado slices. I also want a glass of strawberry lemonade not mixed."

She looked at me like I had some weird written on my face.

She rolled her eye and walked off.
"She was fucking rude, I want to speak to the manager."

"Your really cute when you're mad.....
oops did I say that out loud?"
He said while blushing and looking down at his hands.

"So what do you want to know about me?" I said with a smile.