12: Love is overrated

We got back home and saw Mark just caught up watching some kid's tv show, what else could I have expected and then we saw sleeping on the couch was none other than Nara.

Only wearing a tube top making her bandages visible and then she's wearing leggings as a bottom. Her dextrose was still attached to her but at least she's doing better then Irene and Lisa arrived bringing with them a small towel and I assumed warm water in a bowl and they said in unison, "Oh! You guys are back!"

I nodded and I asked, "How's she doing?"

Irene smiled and she sat down as she slowly turned Nara over and she held Nara's upper body slowly as she sat down then rested her upper body back on her lap and then she dipped the cloth o the warm water then squeezed it.

She then said, "She woke up not too long ago and she's a bit tired, I know she doesn't complain or tell us but her journey to the living room was excruciating for her, I often glanced at her and saw her wince in pain as she took every step."

All of us took seats near her as Irene started patting the damp cloth all over Nara's face then Suga asked, "Why is she only in a tube top?"

"We can't let her sweat too much because it will slow down the healing process of the wound, considering your also a medical expert, I thought you'd do it beforehand", Irene pointed out and Jin just shrugged and said, "I just wasn't comfortable doing it for a girl okay, I'm not used to it."

Irene laughed and just raised her brow at him and said, "Stop lying to me Seokjin, I know you've been with a girl before, this shouldn't be new to you."

"We don't talk about this Irene, you know that", Jin said and she just shook her head and said, "You'll never be okay Jin if the day will not come where even if you think about her, it won't hurt you."

"I didn't ask for your opinion," Jin said as he stormed out of the living room and went upstairs.

Then Irene just sighed and said, "For someone who's only a year younger than me, he's got a serious temper."

They all nodded in agreement and then we heard Mark's stomach grumble and he said, "I'm hungry."

Yoongi nodded and said, "Me too."

"Let's be honest, we're all hungry", I said and they all nodded and Irene said, "Ok, let's go to the kitchen, I'll cook up some food."

They all nodded as they licked their lips and Irene laughed at their state while saying, "Have you guys not eaten for an eternity?"

"Maybe? Actually yeah", Hoseok said as he heard his own stomach grumble and then Irene started waling to the kitchen as she slowly removed Nara's head and I held it.

I took Irene's place and rested Nara's head on my lap and told them, "I'll catch up guys okay."

They all nodded and followed Irene frantically to the
kitchen and then I saw Nara's resting state. I caressed her hair and then took the cloth, squeezed it dry onto the bowl and wiped her body off of sweat.

Then I saw her eyes started fluttering open and she said, "Eomma Irene, what time is it?"

"No it's me Jungkook", I said and her eyes shot open and she sat up but then she winced in pain and said, "Ahhh, I regret doing that."

"I just wanted to say thank you for saving me back then, like seriously ummm, I didn't think you would do that for me because I was mean to you and all", I said as I scratched the back of my neck in embarassment.

She just smiled and said, "At least I got you to stop hating me."

I nodded in defeat knowing that it really was true. I don't hate her anymore especially when I found out Eunhye was actually a married woman whose name was Seolhyun.

Then I looked at her state and she was still pale and Irene came and told me, "Food's ready."

And then she saw Nara and said, "Oh hey, you're awake, hey Jungkook, can you call Jin? I'll help Nara to the kitchen."

I nodded and she took Nara with her as I went upstairs and I stopped in my tracks when I saw Jin's door slightly open.

Wide enough for me to see him crying to a picture. I already knew who he was crying about. It was about Jisoo. It's like he couldn't trust any women to be around him anymore. He's afraid to get hurt and unlike Eunhye and me, I should have seen it coming with her.

But Jin, he, loved her. He spent time with her. He would've thrown away everything for her. But one mistake and he couldn't save Jisoo from his own self.

From his own anger because his grasp on a happy ending with her was so tight that he couldn't feel that she was slowly fading away from him.

But he really did love her. I know he tries to be string for us and he's always the confident one and the one always throwing the bad jokes but I know he's very broken inside.

I opened the door and saw him look at me and he just said, "What are you doing here?"

"No Jin, it doesn't matter", I said as I took away the picture of Jisoo from him.

"Yah, don't take her away from me", he said as he cried harder but I shook my head no and said, "She's already gone Jin, you have to forget her, not everyone in life will be permanent, you can't keep holding onto something that's not even around anymore."

"I can't", he said as he hugged his knees and cried into them.

"But if you don't, you don't know how many good people that come into your life that you just push away", I said as I sat beside him and patted his back and he just lifted his head and gave out a big sigh.

He wiped his tears away harshly and I could see his face still red with frustration.

"Love is overrated", he said.

"No Jin, it's just hard to find the right kind of love, especially because it doesn't mix well with our job", I said and he nodded.

"Irene made food", I said and his eyes shot wide open and he said, "Really?! I missed her cooking!"

Seeing excitement bloom in his eyes was a beautiful sight.

Then I helped him stand up as I stood up and we headed to the kitchen and before we entered, we both stopped in our tracks as we saw a beautiful sight.

"You see that?", I said to him and he nodded as he stared at her.

"Whatever that girl is making us feel, I can't explain it but she's like a magnet to me, you feel that too right?", I said and he nodded.

"What we're feeling, whatever it is, is not overrated", I said and he nodded then Nara caught sight of us and she said, "Jungkook! Jin! Join us!! Eomma Irene's food is amazing!"

And the rest of them who were eating looked at us with food filled cheeks and gave us a thumbs up.