23: When the dead comes back to life

I was just going to go back to my regular job of taking care of the patients in the area I was assigned to when the doctor I was just speaking to a while ago came running after me and he said, "Nurse Kim! I can't declare the person dead on arrival, she's alive!"

What?!

"Seriously Doctor Lee? But her pulse was gone!", I said and he shook his head and said, "We have to go to surgery now! She has head trauma and her spine is slightly damaged, she could still live!"

I nodded and ran with Doctor Lee to where we last placed the patient and we started running faster and faster and saw that the patient still had a pulse when I checked her then we started rolling her bed to the surgery home and I sighed.

Who were those guys? And what did they want to do with this girl? But I thought she was dead.

I mean they did tell me her name is Park Nara.

We rushed to surgery and I felt really tired as I helped Doctor Lee perform this emergency surgery for this girl that the hospital literally has no information of.

Those men probably thought she was dead but there's clearly a mistake because her pulse came back.

After hours and hours of surgery, Doctor Lee and I finally finished and brought her to her own private room.

Then Doctor Lee said, "Any information on the girl?"

I had to lie, the men said they were gonna come after me if I said anything related to their presence so I said, "I saw her near the hospital entrance when I was on my 30 minute break and I needed to get something from the convenience store."

He nodded and he said, "Well listen closely Nurse Kim because this girl is already you're responsibility now, because of her head trauma she suffers from selective amnesia so she will only remember some things and fragments of events, her spine is okay now, it was only slightly damaged causing for a temporary dysfunction in the nervous system but she will do fine except for the fact that she won't remember everything."

I nodded and I stayed with the girl, Park Nara and took a chair and laid my head on her side because I was desperately needing sleep after exceeding my 24 hour shift.

*************
"I can't believe we lost her", I said as I harshly wiped my tears away.

"And she said we could have been close if I didn't push her away", I mumbled to myself then I looked at the others and they were all still quietly crying and I said, "Guys, as much as I want to hold a funeral for her, we can't or our whole gang will be exposed."

"So what?! Your business killed my sister and she never did anything wrong", he shouted ad he cried more and his face was all red.

"I'm reminding you, the amount of people here right now is barely even a percent of the people who work for us, decisions are always hard Hyunjae!", I said back and he just looked away and then I saw Jungkook and Yoongi who looked like they were just as hurt as me and I pulled them into a hug and I said, "Let's just remember the good things and let ice cream eat the pain away."

Jungkook and Yoongi looked up at me with more tears in their eyes and Jungkook said, "It's been a while since we've heard this Jin."

"I hate how she brings out the best of me and then she just leaves", I said as tears flowed out pf my swollen eyes more and Yoongi said, "We miss this Jin and we thought we'd never get him back."

I nodded and I looked at everyone who were still crying and I said, "I'll put up something to remember her by near Jisoo's grave, she deserves to be remembered."

They all nodded and I went to my room and saw at the side the broken pieces of soju bottles that was the result of our last conversation. I wished our memories and moments didn't end in that note but I can change many things just not time nor the past.

I sighed as I picked up the pieces and threw them at the trash and then I saw the blue clothes I let her wear once making me tear up even more then I went downstairs and I saw that everybody was still in the same position looking down and not saying a word.

All of them just letting their tears flow out and all I could hear were sniffles and it made me even more sad. I went up to them and said, "Hey guys at least Sehun and Seolhyun are gone."

They just stayed there not even acknowledging my statement and I knew right away that It wasn't the right thing to say.

Then I said, "Stop acting like you're all the only ones affected by this, I am just as affected as you guys are and I'm trying to drag myself here cause Nara wouldn't want to see us like this!"

They all looked up and none argued because they knew what I meant and then I smiled with tears while saying, "Now help me out and make a statue to commemorate Nara."

They all nodded and we went underground and went and gotten the chisel I used for Jisoo's memorial and I took a large stone and followed me close behind and then I told them what it was supposed to be so they helped me shape it and they told me about finer details and it made the situation feel a bit lighter seeing how we worked together.

When I finished, I brought the memorial of Nara to where I put Jisoo's smeraldo memorial and I sighed and said, "I lost two loves now because of rashly doing how I feel, pushing one away and hurting one in anger."

I put the memorial down and smiled with the best smile I could give at this time and I said, "There's something about you Park Nara, and I just can't put my finger on it."

Then I walked away and saw how everyone was crying at the back and we walked back inside the house

********

I took a deep inhale when I felt the need of oxygen to flow in my body and my senses opened. My eyes opened to a bright light and my nose to the smell of something that's too sanitized.

Like the school of medicine I used to go to.

My vision finally got better and I saw a young nurse looking at me with a slight smile and she said, "You're awake."