16: A Mystery to (Every) One

Jimin was always the one you'd seem to see as an open book. No one really knew about his intentions or maybe his past because no one in Bulletproof because he was always that guy who smiled and poked fun at everything.

The one with the perverted jokes and the only person who laughs to Jin's dad jokes occasionally. But, Jin's dad jokes haven't made an appearance as often as it would have after Jisoo.

Jimin was always the one who had shown an active interest in shagging some girls bit never really actually doing the act. He was never really with a girl his whole lifetime.

Or so the others thought. When it came to talking shallow talk, Jimin was the loudest because but when it came to deeper things, he never really was outspoken. He always shied away from those situations.

But he did love once, but it was as short lived as solid butter on a hot pan.

But like the other members, it didn't so end well either.

"Ok guys, listen up, so here's the plan", Namjoon said as he showed his Ipad to us with the mapping of our job.

"So this building has 48 floors, the big man that we're trying to eliminate is on the very top floor", he continued and I nodded.

Then he began to add more to the details, "This building is a regular company building but he has a bunch of security guards in every floor and they're not just any security guards, they're well trained so I suggest we go in pairs."

"Taehyung and Lisa, you two go together and you guys handle the first 8 floors", he said then he turned to me and some random guy and said, "Jimin, take this guy with you to handle last 8 floors and of course, I trust you can take down the big man."

I nodded and Namjoon assigned more floors to the others.

Then me and the guy took the elevator to the 40th floor and we let hell loose in the place as we shot at the security guards at the place. There weren't much people anymore because it was late already so people probably had gone out of work and went home but then I saw a pair of heels with feet on them sticking out of a desk nearby.

I approached the desk and saw a woman covering herself in fear and I said, "You know I could see you heels past the desk."

She then uncovered herself and looked at me then her eyes widened as she saw my gun and covered herself again.

Even though it was just for a second, I did come to see her beautiful face. I can't lie to myself that I didn't find her attractive because she really was.

I sighed and said, "I won't gun you down, I'm not gonna hurt you."

Then she uncovered herself once more and sat on the chair near her and just stared blankly then surprisingly just continued what ever she was doing before I shot the guards.

I didn't know what to do because I just didn't want to leave her here so I thought of a way to lighten up the mood.

"Hey, I'm Park Jimin, you can call me Jimin", I said and she smiled and said, "Nice to meet you, I'm Im Yoona, thanks for not killing me."

Her smile was captivating. Oh crap Jimin, not right now! This is the worst time!

But I really just can't leave her here so I said, "Come with me."

And she willingly followed as me and the guy went back into the elevator and took it straight to the big man's office.

Then it was filled with stolen glances with Yoona, the whole elevator ride.

I would smile like an idiot and fantasize about things we could do once we're done with this job and I'll get her out of this place.

Then we arrived at the floor. The most important floor. Where we have to get the big man.

Yoona just stayed behind me but in the process, a lot of men arrived and started attacking us. The guy handles the ones on the left and I handled the ones on the right.

We were successful until we didn't notice that the big man was fighting along with them and got Yoona in the process and put a gun to her head.

"It seems like you have become fond with one of my workers I see", he said and I said, "Please, no, she never did anything wrong!"

"Let me go!", Yoona screamed and the mans grip tightened on her as she said, "Quit moving or I'll blow your brains out!"

Yoona stopped moving and she just looked at me with pleading eyes as if she knew that it might be the end for her.

She began to tear up and it was ripping my heart apart then the big man said, "I'll let her go if you leave this building and you'll never come back again, or else, I'll shoot her and you'll never see her pretty little face again

She began to tear up and it was ripping my heart apart then the big man said, "I'll let her go if you leave this building and you'll never come back again, or else, I'll shoot her and you'll never see her pretty little face again."

I thought about it. He's just one bad man, Namjoon will understand.  So I said, "Fine, give me the girl and I'll leave."

He smiled that disgusting smile and pushed Yoona towards me and I held her in her scared state.

We were heading for the elevator when he faintly said, "You think I'll let you off that easy."

The big man had bad intentions. He reloaded his gun and he aimed it at Jimin but Yoona saw what the big man was doing.

"Watch out Jimin!", Yoona said but all he did was turn around so in the end, to protect him knowing he had a greater than purpose than her, she hugged him and she took the bullet for him.

Out of frustration, Jimin took out the gun and swiftly killed the big man and told his partner to go ahead and tell then that the job was done. He held Yoona tight at her dying state as blood rushed out of her. Knowing that nothing could be done to save her, he just stayed with her there until her last breath.

"I'm so sorry", I said as I held her, tears rushing out of my eyes and she cried too as she caressed my cheek and said, "Don't be."

"You know how much I fantasized over that elevator ride about how our first date would go, how our first night would go and slightly about our wedding", I said and she faintly chuckled and said, "Me too."

She smiled weakly and said, "There's many girls out there Jimin, we've barely even been together for an hour, it'll be fine."

I shook my head no as I cried a river. And she just smiled as she closed her eyes and then she was finally gone.

I messed up.

But now Jimin could barely even think about Yoona. He's got his eyes on someone else now. Someone who he didn't mean to make sad by not giving her her cocoa puffs.

The girl who he doesn't know that everybody has their eyes on too.