24: Ice Cream You Scream

"Hi I'm Nurse Kim", she said and I nodded and I shook her hand and I said, "I'm Park Nara."

She nodded and said, "Do your remember anything about yourself?"

I scrunched my forehead and I said, "I have a brother named Hyunjae and a best friend named Kyungmi, me and Kyungmi went to nursing school together and we stopped for a reason I can't remember and that's all I know."

"Can you please tell me their full names so that we could contact them?", she asked and I nodded and said, "Park Hyunjae and Do Kyungmi."

She nodded and took out her phone and she searched something up and then she showed me pictures of them and she said, "Are these people them?"

I nodded and she looked at her phone and she said, "Sadly no listed landline, but the address tells me they don't live far from the hospital so get some rest and then maybe we can go to them."

"What happened to me?", I asked and she just looked at me like she didn't know the answer or she just really didn't know how to answer my question that seemed so simple in my perspective.

"I don't know maam, I'm sorry, I just saw you on the streets lying unconscious", she said and I sighed and said, "It's okay, you were trying to help."

"Today is my day off actually, we can go and head to your shared apartment with your brother and bestfriend", she said as she removed my dextrose then said, "And today you are also being discharged so I can take you there."

"Here I brought you some change of clothes", she said and I nodded and got off the hospital bed and changed into the casual clothes either.

It really was her day off based on the fact she wasn't wearing any uniform but she decided to help me out.

Then I put it on and she told me to look at the mirror and I said, "I don't remember myself being blonde, if I went to them looking like this, they wouldn't recognize me."

She nodded and said, "I don't know why but I've always had this box of brown hair dye in my bag not knowing what to do with it so I guess it has a purpose now."

She put a towel over me and she put the mixture in my hair and then after 45 minutes she washed it off and dried my hair then we left the hospital and we started walking around the city.

"Herr! That's my apartment!", I said and she nodded and we rung the doorbell and no one answered. We forcibly went up to my apartment and picked the lock only to see that no one was there and the place was empty and she said, "It's ok you can stay at my place, it's not far from this building but it's best if you get your clothes now."

I nodded and went to my room, grabbed a bag and put my clothes in and then I went with her to her apartment which was about around 3 minutes of walking away then we went up to her apartment and opened it and saw that there was another person there.

She has a roommate.

"Oh hey, Nayeon, is it okay if she stays here for a while, she's a patient in the hospital that I found unconscious on the street with no background information", Nurse Kim said.

"And by the way you can call me Jennie", she said and Nayeon looked at her confused and said, "How come I didn't hear this? We work at the same hospital."

"Yes but you're way over the other side", Jennie said to Nayeon and she laughed and shook my hand then said, "Nice to meet you I'm Im Nayeon, patients call me Nurse Im but you can call me Nayeon."

I nodded and then she asked Jennie, "Hey ummm, do you have at least a little information about her."

"Her name's Nara by the way and yeah she said she used to go to Nursing School and she was about to graduate but something stopped her which she can't remember and after that she started sharing an apartment with her brother and best friend."

"So where's her brother and best friend?", Nayeon asked and I answered for Jennie by saying, "Nowere to be found, but if I stay here I don't wanna be a free loader, I wanna at least have a job."

"Do you perhaps have you're nursing school certificate?", Nayeon asked and I nodded and handed it to her from my bag while saying, "I always keep it in my bag because I never know when I can use it."

She nodded approvingly as she looked at my certificate and said, "Looks like they can hire you, the hospital does need more nurses and it's ok if you don't wear uniform because since you didn't graduate you'll be like an assistant nurse, you assist me and Jennie if we ever need you and if you don't have any other job from us, you're going to entertain people who want to check in as patients and those people who want to visit patients."

I nodded and said, "So I start tomorrow?"

She nodded and Jennie too and then she handed me a phone and said, "This is my old phone, we'll contact you here if we need your assistance in the hospital but if we don't call, you stay in the front desk, but don't worry you won't be alone on the front desk, there'll be like two other people there who'll help you out."

I nodded and then I felt my head hurt as I started seeing things like blurry seven men but I quickly brushed it off to not worry them then they both said, "Since we're both on our day off, where do you want us to take you today? Restaurant? Park? Museum?"

I chuckled and then I screamed, "I SCREAM YOU SCREAM GIMME GIMME THAT ICE CREAM."

"So we're going to the ice cream parlor for sure", Jennie said and we all laughed.

What were those blurry seven men that made my head hurt.