pink ribbon

You had had a fairly typical day at work, nothing bad besides some irritable customers and your usual asshole of a manager getting upset over nothing, nevertheless you decided you needed a walk, so you dropped off your belongings at home, heading to your usual trail at the edge of the woods, you always walked this path, it was peaceful and you never felt the need to go past the treeline into the thick brush of the woods, but today something was different, amongst the green leaves a thin pastel pink ribbon stretched between the trees making a sort of path, your common sense told you not to follow it but the light jingling music in the distance and the gentle glittering of the pristine new ribbon called you forward, your hand rested on the silky ribbon, sliding along the smooth fabric as you walked into the dim, cool shade of the woods, it was more beautiful within the trees than it had looked from the pathway, the leaves sparkled like a lake, giving off a sort of shattered green glow to the surrounding, the thin ribbon had been tied into neat bows around each tree and the area near your feet seemed to be cleared of any tripping hazards, for a while you walked, peacefully, listening to the jingling which continued calmly and enjoying the cool shade on your skin, you looked forward seeing where the ribbon ended, as soon as you saw that final perfectly tied bow the jingling stopped abruptly, dissolving into the sounds of the woods, you continued towards the end of the ribbon though slightly uneased now by the stopping of the music.
At the end stood nothing remarkable a small knitted doily sat in a perfectly cleared spot amongst the dirt and pine needles with a single slightly crumpled pink flower resting on the center of it, you glanced about your surroundings but saw no one, picking up the flower which gave off a feeling of importance in an odd way, it felt like you needed this flower, you followed the ribbon back to your path quickly, holding the pink blossom close to your chest with a small smile on your lips and heading to your home without much of a care, this experience had been small but it had somehow brightened your mood even if just slightly, you would carefully place the oh-so-important flower onto your desk before going about your usual routine, getting ready for bed and of course sleeping.