breakfast

It had been only a minute but felt like hours as you just stood in silence "sure is quiet around here.." You mumbled "no one is awake this early" hoody responded "well...almost no one...some don't sleep...um most will wake up when they smell breakfast" you nodded "breakfast huh?" You mumbled, thinking about the single granola bar you had eaten and placing a hand on your stomach, you really could go for some real food after surviving on cake for the past little while "could I make breakfast?" You asked, looking around for the kitchen "I usually do that but I'm not gonna stop you from giving me a break" hoody responded, leading the way to the kitchen which had two stoves and many many refrigerators and freezers "how many people live here?" You asked "to give a general scale...it takes 6, 18-packs of eggs to make omelets just for the ones that eat normal food" hoody answered, sitting on a stool to supervise "thats a lot....so about how many pancakes?" You asked "two boxes worth" he answered, you nodded "and two packages of bacon right?" You asked, getting together some supplies "seems about right...theres a waffle iron over there, waffels seem much more do-able than pancakes" he advised, you took this advice and plugged in the waffle iron to preheat and within minutes you were cooking waffles hoodie got up and put the bacon on a tray before putting it into the oven and sitting back down soon you heard people walking behind you as they came to get plates and then left again, none of them acknowledged your presence, presumably still half asleep once the footsteps behind you stopped you made yourself and hoody each a plate and sat down, watching as hoody scraped burnt bacon scraps into a dog dish which was soon mauled by a freakish red being that could barely be described as a dog, so far you hadn't seen any of the people who you had fed so it was quite the shock when you looked up from the dog dish to see a sea of seemingly monsters who looked back at you with an equal amount of shock, the only one you recognized, masky then spoke "hey hoods...whos your...buddy...there?" He questioned "oh, this is y/n splendor assigned me to watch them" Hoody answered nonchalantly, then another spoke, a male who had his face all hacked up like a failed jack-o-lantern with maple syrup drippling from his torn cheeks "am I missing something here? Do they have extra arms on their back? Deer legs maybe?" He questioned "no Jeff, as far as I can tell they are completely normal" hoody responded with mild annoyance "then why are they here?" Another questioned from the back of the room "what does it matter?? They fed you now shut your traps" hoody replied at a normal speaking volume, much louder than the low murmur he usually spoke with, somewhat surprising you, a new figure then slinked into the room, dressed in all charcoal grey besides a dark blue mask streaked in black, they went to the refrigerator "I made breakfast" you offered "oh, that's Jack, they eat kidneys" masky stated casually "OH" you said, watching as they pulled a bag out of the fridge which sure enough contained two of the forementioned organs, they stuffed one under the mask before putting away the bag and slinking away again what had you gotten yourself into? "Oh there they are" you heard a familiar voice say from the doorway, turning quickly to see Splendy peering through the doorway and motioning to you, then another completely faceless being peered through, causing you to freeze as you imeadiatly recognised it, this was the slenderman, the supposedly mythical being that lived in these woods and killed anyone who entered "they made breakfast" masky said, holding up the plate "it's good you should have some" the giant faceless thing then stepped through the doorway, walking towards you as its blank slate of a face seemed to tear open into a hideous maw, you froze, not knowing what to do as splendor simply watched this happening, then the tall being leaned over the top of you, pulling back as he scarfed down two waffles at once from the tray that had been sitting behind you on the counter, his face closing back up as he then looked down at you with nonexistent eyes "your lucky splendor has already imprinted on you...if not for that-" he didnt finish his sentence, turning to the herd of monsters "no body is to harm the human" he stated loudly before leaving the room again as splendor then squealed happily and hurried over to pick you up, you hugged him loosely around the neck, happy that he was back but also wondering what the hell the other had ment by 'imprinted'