story time

You would watch with a confused gaze as your giant friend dug through a box which he had dragged out of the closet a moment ago "I know it's around here somewhere" he mumbled, from what he told you when he got up from the couch he was looking for a book and apparently a very specific one since an entire shelf of books stared at you from across the room and yet here he was digging through dusty boxes "why isn't it on the shelf with the other books?" You asked, laying over the edge of the couch, somewhat upside down as you watched him "well it's the first book I ever st-I mean borrowed, from a human store, it's old and falling apart and would get destroyed sitting out in the open like that" you hopped up from your spot on the couch and walked over to help him look, finally pulling out a yellowed book which had a cover so faded you couldn't read it "oh lovely!" Splendy said, his wide smile returning as he took the book from you and headed back for the couch, not bothering to put anything back in the closet and patting the spot next to him for you to sit back down which you did without hesitation, leaning against his side to view the yellowed pages of the old book as he started to read quietly to you, you didn't know why he suddenly wanted to read to you but it was sweet despite not being able to follow the outdated story you enjoyed the sound of his voice, eventually dozing off yet again.
(Smashes snooze button THIS IS HOW MY LAZY ASS MAKES TIME PASS DAMN IT)