dinner

After a short while of you explaining how cooked meat worked by cooking small chunks of the deer meat Splendy seemed to understand, he didn't own any savory spices but you didn't care at the moment, just excited that he was learning about real food, with how much he loved to cook you were finally going to be well fed "am I doing this right?" He questioned, prodding at the partially cooked slab of meat "yeah you're doing fine" you said with a giggle, knawing on one if the chunks you had already cooked and pulling a stool over so that you could sit next to him and watch "I noticed you have a garden...ever thought of growing vegetable?" You asked "what are vegetables?" He responded, seeming intensely focused on his cooking "they're like fruit...but not sweet...or fruit shaped...theyre usually like special kinds of roots and leafs that you can eat" you answered "where can I get some?" He asked, turning to look at you curiously "well you were talking about sending someone to get groceries, have them pick up some seeds too" you said at which point he nodded, focusing on the food again "ive never gotten a plant as a seed, they're usually already halfway grown and in little plastic pots, even my cherry tree" he said with a slight chuckle, Kissing you on the cheek gently before putting the now-cooked deer meat onto a plate and offering it to you with a fork "I'm gonna need a knife with that" you said as you took the food "um, what kind?" He asked, pulling a massive bread knife out of a drawer which looked like it could remove a limb as well as a dull cake knife and a pairing knife "the small one should work fine thank you" he gave you the pairing knife and you smiled a bit, starting to eat readily, happy to have something filling and actually nutritious, it tasted amazing, though that was probably due to hunger "I'm going to change into something more comfortable" Splendy mumbled, turning and leaving the room "YOU STILL NEED TO GO TO THE LAKE AND GET A BATH MISTER!" You called after him at which point he walked back into the room "oh right!...are you gonna be alright here on your own?" He asked at which point you nodded, no longer fearing that someone would show up to kill you "yeah but be quick"