dreams

A few days would pass with no sign from your tall friend, that damned dream with the woods and the unknown person holding onto you was persistent, reoccurring, nearly every night, at this point you had begun to wonder if Oswald had been a dream, the whole thing had just seemed so odd and without reason, yet the dried up pink flower still sat on your desk, it made you somewhat happy each time you saw the shriveled thing.
you sat reading late since you would have a day off tomorrow but after only a couple of lines your mind began to drift, thinking of the woods, the ribbon, the tent, the boardgames... everything...had it all really happened? You stared deadpan at the flower on your desk as your mind wandered until finally you slowly rose to your feet, it was pouring rain outside and you were tired as hell but you had to check the woods for yourself, for your sanity
It was a long cold trek through the rain before you arrived at the mouth of the woods where sure enough the thin pink ribbon gleamed between the trees, you would smile "oh good I'm not crazy" you thought as you followed the ribbon, no lights or jingling tunes greeted you at the end of the ribbon this time, just a damp empty tent, you would look about the place before sitting in one of the chairs at the table which was still set up, you were cold, and your clothes were heavy with rain, you felt weak and tired...and somewhat defeated by Oswald's absence, within moments of sitting down you began to drift off tiredly, catching a glimpse of a pale figure out of the corner of your eye before it ducked into the darkened half of the tent "(y/n)?" A soft and familiar voice muttered "what are you doing out here at this time? It's so late" he continued, you were wide awake now with a goofy smile on your face despite your shivering and sniffling "just had to make sure you were real" you mumbled before you were pulled into darkness and warmth "did you walk here?? It's pouring outside!" He continued, carrying you out of the tent and within a moment you could hear a door opening and closing, you couldn't see where he was taking you and you didn't care, you were wrapped in a warm robe against his chest with the thick fabric blocking your view, you were comfortable and warm despite your chafing wet clothes and you could feel sleep taking you over the now inaudible mumblings of your friend.
You woke in your own bed, tucked in snugly, you felt cozy and we'll rested and would've thought last night to be a dream if not for your wet shoes by the door and the warm dry pajamas on your body, you took note that these weren't any pajamas you had owned previously so they would've had to have been some that Oswald gave you...you hoped you had been the one to change yourself into them, a piece of paper protruded from a pocket on the shirt and you pulled it out, reading it carefully "you'll need to come get your clothes later...please be more careful next time, I don't want you getting sick over silly old me" it read, an S was at the bottom but it had been scribbled over with "Oswald" hastily written next to it