Chapter 9

^Natalia in her signature outfit of black. But with a PSG jersey you can't see ;)

Neymar's POV

"Ready?" Natalia asked, coming down the stairs. She was dressed in a pair of black jeans with a PSG jersey and a black Adidas jacket.

"You have a jersey?" I asked surprised.

"Duh, who do you think I am?"

"Who's jersey?"

"No ones'. It's nameless."

"Remind me to give you one of mine," I said, grabbing the keys to my car.

"As if I would wear it," she scoffed.

"Really?" I cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Don't quote me on that," she mumbled making me laugh.

"Come on stupi, we're going to be late."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I came out of the lockers and found Natalia leaning against the wall.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"A little nervous but that's normal I guess."

"You'll be great," Nat said, patting my shoulder.

"Gee thanks. As if I didn't know that already," I smiled. She rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

"I'll see you later then?" she questioned.

"Yup, meet me here after," I said.

"Good luck. Score me a goal," she smirked, sending me a wink. With that, she disappeared into the crowded stands.

Natalia's POV

I spotted the man hurrying down the steps across the stadium. I simultaneously got out of my seat and my way down the steps 2 at a time. I focused on keeping him in my eye sight as he neared the tunnel. I sped up, pushing my way through the crowd. I was thankful that I had my pass dangling from the lanyard on my chest making it easier to get past the stewards.

"Ow!" a lady yelped making me stop and turn.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized. Who knew running from one side of the stadium to the other could be so hard? I whipped my head back but had lost sight of the mysterious man. I ran the rest of the way to the tunnel entrance. The players had begun to make their way out from the tunnels as halftime came closer to ending. My eyes darted around and finally spotted Neymar's "blonde" hair near the lockers. I felt a little relieved that he didn't seem to be the target of the mysterious man . My breathing was fast and my senses were on high alert. Something was not right. I pushed through more people and caught a glimpse of him nearing the locker doors. He turned, making direct eye contact with me. His lips formed the faintest smirk and his eyes glinted. A man passed in front of me blocking my view. I let out a growl of frustration heading towards the place I last saw him. The pathway cleared and I ran full speed past the locker rooms towards the exit. I heard Neymar calling my name. I didn't stop, keeping my eyes trained on the figure clothed in black. The door began to swing shut but I stopped it with my foot. He wasn't going to get away.

Neymar POV

"Okay we're doing good! We can win this!"

I felt adrenaline coursing through my veins as I came out of the locker rooms. Feeling more energized, I was ready to tackle the second half.

"We can do this," Kimpembe cheered, clapping his hands. "Allez Paris!"

"Isn't that Natalia?" Kylian asked, pointing to a brunette trying to get through the crowd. As the path cleared in front of her, she broke out into a sprint.

"Natalia!" I called, but she didn't stop. She continued sprinting before pushing the door open and exiting the stadium. I couldn't help but feel my heart sinking. Where was she going in such a hurry? At the start of the game, it had taken a while for me to spot her since she insisted on sitting with the crowd to "be a real fan". I frequently glanced at her through out the course of the match. Near halftime, I noticed that something had caught her eye and she was no longer focused on the game. Instead, her faced had morphed into a look of confusion and her eyes narrowed at someone on the opposite side of the stadium.

"Boys time to go!" Tuchel called. I continued to stare at the spot where Natalia was before she left until Kylian pulled me towards the pitch. I shook my head, trying to clear the thoughts in my head. Who cares if she left. It's fine if she doesn't care about me. She's just my bodyguard anyway. I had to stay focused on the game. The crowd cheered as I stepped back onto the pitch making me forget her.

Natalia's POV

I stopped abruptly, shocked by the sudden change in temperature. The stadium had become humid from the thousands of people packed in a small space. I shivered as cold air entered my half zipped track jacket. I could see my breath fogging around me as I stopped. The only noise was my heavy breathing and the sound of padding steps. I began sprinting in the direction of the footsteps. The man turned and disappeared around the corner. I sprinted around and quickly slowed when I couldn't spot him. The street was empty and the streetlights flickered. Definitely the shady part of town. Hearing a noise, I whipped my head to the right. A strong arm grabbed me by my waist pulling me down to the ground. I opened my mouth to scream only to have a hand cover it. I felt his fingers press the pressure points under my jaw as I struggled against the tight hold. My eyes met the ones of my attacker. Those same glinting eyes I had seen at the stadium. My vision began to go blurry as he put me to sleep. "You can't keep him safe forever," was the last thing I heard before I fell unconscious on the cool pavement.

- - - - - - - - - - 

Oooooh some shizzz goin dowwwwn! Comment, vote, and share!