Chapter 20

Natalia^

Natalia's POV

"What the hell are you doing?!" Neymar shouted. His hand pointed to the TV screen as Kylian missed an open goal.

"Zut! It's glitching!" Kylian whined, his player miraculously walking right through the goal post. Ángel snorted at their distress which earned him dirty looks. Boys and their FIFA. I watched with an amused smile as Dani scored another goal.

"Golazooooo!" I cheered, throwing my fists in the air. Neymar and Kylian turned to glare at me.

"Jesus Christ," Ney muttered under his breath, rubbing his forehead.

"Give me," I held out my hand for the remote. Kylian raised his eyebrows at me but handed me his remote none the less. I shoved myself in between him and Ney.

"You're on," Dani snickered, starting the game. I sucked ass at offence so I stuck to defending. I literally didn't know how to shoot but no one needed to know that. After almost 15 attempts at shooting a goal, Dani let out a frustrated groan. Looks like my defending was too good.

"I give up," he mumbled, stuffing his face in the couch pillow.

"Huh? What was that?" I asked, cupping my ear.

"I give up!"

"And there we have it! Dani Alves gives up! Did y'all hea-"

I was cut off as a pillow smacked into my face. I grabbed two smacking Dani who was helplessly flailing on the floor.

"What the heck?"

I turned to see Kimpembe walking in with his best friend. The speaker. He always has that damn thing with him. Flinching as loud music filled the room.

"Hey I know this song," Neymar stated, proud that he recognized french rap. I began mouthing the words and moving my hands in weird dance moves. Soon the whole team had filled the lounge area and were singing along to the song.

"We really are a bunch of crackheads," I laughed.

Tap now to get 30 minutes of ad free music...

Everyone groaned in annoyance. Those damn ads always interrupt jam sessions.

"I want to go to the beach," Kylian stated randomly.

"Yeah let's go," I agreed. They all stared at me like I was crazy.

"Coach would never let us go," Neymar pointed out.

"Well that's where I come in."

- - - - - - - - - -

*Two hours later*

"I've never been to a beach here," Neymar said, looking out at the ocean.

"So you haven't been to beach in like 2 years?" I asked surprised.

"Now that I think of it yeah."

"Dang. You must miss the beaches in Rio de Janeiro."

"Yeah I miss it a lot. I'm so used to the humid warm temperatures there."

"Neymar! Can you give us a hand?" his mother called.

"I'll go," I offered hurrying to the car.

"I can help," I smiled, coming up to the window.

"The parking spot is really small, I don't know if I can get it in," Neymar's father said. "Call Neymar, he'll be able to do it."

I waved him off saying that I was here already. Getting in the drivers seat, I maneuvered the SUV into the compact space. It was a little weird because everyone had stopped to watch me park the car. I nearly had a heart attack when a little voice shouted from the back seat.

"Papai!" Davi called, hurrying to get out of the car. I had no idea he was in the back seat and it took me a few minutes to recollect myself. Rafa had mentioned that Neymar's father would bring him along when he came to Paris.

"Hi Davi, I'm Natalia," I greeted waving at him. He grinned at me, "I know you! Papai told me you're his friend!"
"Yeah that's me," I smiled, giving hi a high five.

"You should park my car more often. You look sexy when you concentrate," Neymar smirked, winking at me. I glared at him, punching his shoulder.

"Ouch," he hissed, rubbing his shoulder.

"Tag, you're it," I shouted, running toward the beach. I heard him shout before he started after me.

"I wanna play too!" Davi cheered, running after us. I swerved as Neymar reached to tag me. Sticking my tongue out as I looked back, I smacked right into Kylian, shoving him to the ground.

"Sorry!" I shouted running past him. Neymar gave up on me and tagged Davi instead. He then chased me for a while before I let him get me.

"Food's ready!" someone called. Everyone stopped what they were doing and ran back to the picnic area.

"I finally get to try Marquinhos's famous BBQ," I said, grabbing a bottle of water.

"It's pretty good," Neymar approved, snatching the bottle out of my hand. Rafa whispered something in her mother's ear and they both laughed. I raised an eyebrow at her but she simply shook her head.

After we ate some food, the sun was starting to set. Everyone sat down and watched as the sky changed from yellow to orange to pink. I strolled along the water's edge, taking in the stunning scene. I was so engrossed in the view, I jumped when I felt something touch my foot. I looked down to see a football rolling to my feet. Looking up, I see Neymar grinning at me. I give him a questioning look and he motions to the ball. A smirk settled on my face as I accept his challenge. I slowly walked to the ball, rolling it under my feet. Neymar trailed behind me, watching carefully. He stuck his foot out to take the ball but I quickly pushed it away, breaking into a run. I ran with the ball up the beach, closer to the picnic area. I tried faking him but he read it well and took the ball away. Passing the ball from foot to foot, he evaded my attempts at gaining possession. I decided to go for it and slide tackled him. Sand sprayed as my foot dug into the ground. We both fell as the ball rolled away. I scrambled to my feet and chased after it. Neymar was up on his feet in a matter of seconds and we were one on one again. I could hear Julian and Kylian commentating our little game. Everyone had stopped to watch us battle it out. What had started out as a mere passing game had turned into a full blown one v. one game. I moved my body to go left. As Ney opened his legs I slipped the ball in, successfully megging him.

"OI NEYMAR! FOCUS!" Marquinhos called as the others clapped. Neymar finally gained possession of the ball again and ran back to the water. An idea popped in my mind. I knew Neymar had no issue with getting in the water but that specific ball wasn't meant to get wet. It wasn't the usual water resistant coated material. I managed to corner him with the water behind him. I easily read his next move. The signature ball-over-shoulder move. I moved aside and blocked the ball with my chest. Dribbling the ball up the beach, I plopped down on the blanket with Davi.

"That was so cool!" he giggled, giving me a high five. Neymar came over, bending over and trying to catch his breath.

"I didn't know you were good at football," Ángel said, handing me water. I sent him a grateful look, gulping down the water.

"I played from middle school until my second year of college," I said.

"That wasn't fair. I didn't expect that," Neymar groaned, pouting his lips.

"Too bad," I said, sticking my tongue out.

"Ney you thought you could use you're signature move on her," Kylian laughed, slapping his shoulder.

"I know right! I've seen him do it enough times to be able to see it coming," I laughed.

"Perks of being a FBI agent," Rafa added.

"I mean this just proves I'm better than him," I said, shrugging my shoulders. I shrieked as cold liquid ran from my head down my neck. Neymar smirked as I gave him a murderous look. This man was dead.

- -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quite a long chapter here, 1370 words. Let me know what you think in the comments :)