Chapter 33

Recap 

"Any reply from your brother?" he asked gently, knowing to tread carefully.

"No but he replied to my mothers birthday wish," I said quietly.

"He didn't respond to you?" Neymar asked, sitting up.

I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut.

"That's odd," he muttered.

"I just-" I stopped as i heard my voice crack.

"Hey, it's ok," Neymar said softly, using his hand to tilt my face towards his. His hand cupped my face gently. I pressed my eyes closed, feeling the burn of tears. 

--------------------------------

I took in a shaky breath, trying to keep the tears in. I looked up at the sky, seeing the stars twinkle. 

"Natalia, look at me," Neymar whispered, touching my chin with his thumb. He gazed into my eyes, trying to convince me that everything was going to be ok. 

"I just don't understand," I cried out, throwing my hands up. "Did I do something wrong? Is he made at me?"  

I had that feeling in my gut. The feeling you get when you know you've let someone you love down. That you've disappointed them, after they gave you everything. And I fucking hated that feeling. 

Neymar's POV

My heart ached as I Natalia let out a sob, bringing her hand to her mouth. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to my chest. 

"Shhh, you're ok, let it out," I whispered, stroking her hair softly. I could feel her shoulders shake in my arms. A tingle traveled down my chest as her tears fell on my shirt. I'd never seen her like this. She was always composed and never showed such emotions. I had a feeling there was more behind this than just her brother. Something else was bothering her. I gently, pushed her away, holding her out in front so I could see her face. I brushed away the tears that glittered on her cheeks. 

"Natalia, what's going on," I asked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. I could feel the heat from her body as we stood. 

"I-I don't know, everything just so fucked up," she stressed, bringing her hands to her hair. "I'm just so tired," she whispered, leaning into my chest. I took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of roses from her soft hair. We stood there for a few moments before she pushed me away. 

"I'm sorry," she apologized, quickly wiping her cheeks with the sleeves of her baby blue hoodie. "I don't know what's gotten into me, maybe its the alcohol. I'm really so-"

I cut her off by pulling her into my arms again. 

"Never apologize for something like this, especially not to me," I said, gazing into her eyes. She nodded slowly, as I cupped my hands around her face. I felt her breathing change, becoming more  breathless. My eyes flickered to her lips as she bit them. I felt myself leaning in, impossibly close to her. I had been pushing my feelings away for months, but I couldn't. Not anymore. I heard her let out a shaky breath. Sparks exploded through my body as I pressed my lips against hers. I felt my heart soar as the kiss deepened. She pulled away from me, panting from the lack of oxygen. 

"That was..." I grinned as she looked away, blushing. "Amazing."

I pushed her hair away, looking at her face clearly. 

"Natalia Rousseau, are you blushing?" I smirked down at her. 

"Shut the fuck up," she muttered, slapping my chest. But I could see the smile on her face. 

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that."

Natalia smiled, her eyes twinkling. 

"Hey but on a serious note, you can tell me anything. I'm here to help you and to listen."

She nodded, "I'll explain everything, I promise."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Natalia's POV

I followed after Neymar as he walked back into the house. I touched my lips, grinning like a little girl. I just had my first kiss. Neymar Jr. stole my first kiss. Or did I give it to him? IDK this is complicated. 

"Woah," he suddenly stopped, making me crash into him. 

"Sorry," I smiled sheepishly. I looked around to find all the boys asleep. 

"Were we really gone that long?"

"Uh, I don't know," I shrugged. Neymar made me coffee as I cleaned up the table and floor and put away the gaming things. 

"So," he said, leaning against the counter. "What's your story?"

And so I began to tell him about my life. My parents. My brother. My troubled fears. 

"Damn, I hate your parents and I haven't even met them," he said after I had finished. 

"Yeah."

"So your dad's part of the FBI too?"

"Yup."

"That's cool not going to lie."

"It is right?" I said, nodding my head. I felt glad that I had told someone. It was like a weight lifted off my chest. 

"You're the first person I've ever told," I said, playing with my fingers in my lap. 

"What?"

"yeah. I trust you."

"I'm glad," he smiled, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze."

"Thank you for being there for me," I smiled, reaching up and giving him a hug. 

"Well, we better get going, big press conference," he sighed, putting away the cups. 

"What? Conference? But they're going to be hungover?" I said, motioning to the rest of the boys asleep. 

"Oh those idiots? Don't worry about them. I'm the only one who needs to go. Hence why I didn't drink."

"Ohhh. But that means I have to come too," I realised. 

"Yup, 5 am wake-up call," he smirked, ruffling my hair. 

"Keys?" he asked, holding out his hand. I fished them out of my pockets, tossing them at him before grabbing my jacket. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  -

OOOOMMMMMGGGG it FINALLY happened 😲. I know this must be annoying cuz it took so long but it's supposed to align with Natalia's personality. She's not one to show much emotion so it took her a while to realise her feelings for Neymar. He himself didn't know he liked her and pushed away his feelings. Anyway's, hope you guys enjoyed, comment, vote and, share. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

- Mia