Chapter 22

Natalia^

Neymar's POV

I blink as bright sunlight filters into my room. I sit up, completely forgetting that I'm injured. A sharp sting erupts from my ankle and elbow and I gasp. The pain intensifies as I try to get up. I ignore it and hop to down the stairs leaving my crutches behind. Way to start the morning. The noise of spoons clattering can be heard followed by a string of curse words.
"Mind your language young lady," I laugh, leaning against the doorway.
"Are you out of your mind?" Natalia shrieks when she sees me.
"Maybe."
"You can't just- how did you even get down the stairs?!"
"Magic. Neymagic."
"Fucking hell, you're absolutely mad. Sit down!"
"Yes mother, " I rolled my eyes.
"Looks like she's got you wrapped around her finger," a voice came from the foyer.
I look to the doorway to see my family standing there. I give them each a hug. Natalia and Rafa watched amused as my mom fussed over me.
"You are taking good care of him, yes?" She asked Natalia.
"Of course," she smiled, hugging her.
"You can put your stuff upstairs," I say, "same rooms as before."

They had come to visit yet again, probably because they couldn't get enough of Natalia. And because I was injured. Not that I was complaining because it was beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My family had gone upstairs to rest and it was just the two of us in the living room.
We were silent, sitting on the couch. Natalia was turning in online assignments while I just sat quietly.
"Something's bothering you," Talia said, shutting her computer.
"What do you mean?"
"You've got that uneasy look on your face."
"What?"
"Neymar, you don't have to hide anything from me. What's going on?"
I turn to glare at her, my emotions getting the best of me.
"You can't just walk into my life and expect to be best friends. You're just my bodyguard. Nothing more nothing less."
I immediately regret what I said as a look of hurt flashed across her face. It was gone in a second but I saw it. I let out a deep breath, trying to contain my frustration.
"Natalia I didn't mean th-"
"No, it's fine I understand," she nods, smiling meekly. It was as if someone had finally said what she had known.

"I'm sorry I really didn't mean that.I'm just really frustrated with myself right now."

"I know. I get what you're going through," she says before getting up and silently leaving the room. I drown myself in my own thoughts as I sit there alone in the quiet room before eventually falling asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Neymar. Neymar. Wake up. Ugh you fatass," a voice groaned, smacking my face lightly. I grumbled, tugging the owner of the hand towards me, snuggling with it. A laugh rang out causing me to crack open my eyes. Light shined in before my vision focused on Natalia's face.

"Oh sorry," I apologized, seeing that it was her arm I had pressed between my arms and chest. Ooops.

"Looks like you're quite a snuggler," she smirked. I rolled my eyes at her, sitting up.

"Didn't you say you wanted to meet someone at Le Cinq?" Talia asked. I stood up sudednly, remembering that I had to meet a few friends at the restaurant.

"Yeah, thanks for reminding me."

"Isn't that all I do," she rolled her eyes, smirking at me. I quickly get ready and spray some cologne on, grabbing my wallet and keys, I rush back downstairs. The door bangs behind me, making Natalia jump as I enter the garage.

"Sorry," I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck. She glared at me before tossing me the keys and sliding into the passenger seat. The drive to Le Cinq was quick and we reached in less than 15 minutes.

The smell of fresh food and wine hit me as we entered the restaurant. Natalia trailed behind me as I led us to our table. My hand gently holding the tips of hers. She looked absolutely stunning tonight, dressed in a dark wine dress. It hugged her body perfectly making her look like an angel from heaven.

"Neymar!" my friend Paulo smiled, getting up to give me a hug. His brother Lucas doing the same. It had been a while since I last saw them and they were on their way home from Manchester and decided to stop by.

"It's been way too long man," Lucas grinned, shaking his head.

"And who is this pretty lady?" Paulo asked, raking his eyes up and down Natalia's figure. She narrows her eyes before sticking her hand out.

"This pretty lady has a name and it's Natalia," she says sharply, shaking his hand.

He nods, smiling sheepishly, "Right. My apologies."

"Not a problem," she brushed it off, taking a seat. The night went on and Natalia grew comfortable with the two boys. For some odd reason, I was glad that they were getting along.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"ready to go?" I asked, holding my arm out. Natalia grinned, linking her arm in mine. We bid my friends goodbye, leaving the busy restaurant.

"The sky is so pretty," she sighed, looking up. The stars twinkled against the navy blue sky, the sun still glowing in the distance.

"Yeah it'-"

A loud bang erupted from behind me, glass shards exploding everywhere. Screams flooded the streets as I ducked.

"Get down!" Natalia screamed, her body blocking mine as a shield. I could hear the sound of blood pumping in my ears which were still ringing. I could hear more bangs as Natalia grabbed my arm, dragging me up the steps of the multilevel parking lot. The concrete columns chipped as we zig zagged around the lot. Natalia's hand was still holding mine. We hid behind a huge black car.

"5,4,3" Natalia whispered under her breath, pausing as they stopped.

"Please don't tell me you're counting the seconds we have before we die," I whispered.

"More like how many rounds he has left in his gun," she replied. A soft click could be heard as the shooter used their last bullet followed by another as Natalia took of the safety on hers. She leaned across her left side, shooting 6 bullets right under the car. Another loud bang erupted before everything went silent.

- - - - - - - - - -

to be continued...