Chapter 32

Natalia's POV

"How many?"

"8"

"8 frappuccino's?

"Yup."

"Wow you must be feeding a zoo," Cindy the cashier joked, taking my Starbucks order. She has no idea, I though to myself. I waited for about 20 minutes before my order was ready and thanked Cindy. Carefully balancing the two trays of drinks, I made my way to the car. 

I wish I could 'Hey Siri' my car and tell it to open the door for me, I thought to myself as I set the drinks down on the top of my car. I quickly put both trays in the passenger seat and started off towards Dani's house. The boys insisted that I come to their party, though I'm pretty sure it was because they wanted me to bring Starbucks on the way there after Uni. 

I carefully balanced the trays of drinks in my hands as I shut the door with my hip. I could hear the boys arguing about something in the kitchen as I entered the first gate that was left open. 

"Starbucks is here!" someone called. I heard footsteps hurry towards the door. Dani opened the door, grabbing his drink from my hands. A split second later I was left with two drinks. 

"Wow, no "Natalia's here!" I grumbled, rolling my eyes. 

"Oops," Dani smiled sheepishly as the other boys apologized. 

"Don't worry, we definitely value you over Starbucks," Neymar grinned, taking his drink from my hands as well as throwing away the two trays. I shot him a grateful look, walking further into the house. I loved how Dani had decorated the place. Everything had a modern feel to it. The walls were pure white but the green plants complimented them well making it seem less like a whitewashed hospital.  I was about to pick up my drink from the table when I heard a gruff bark. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a ginormous tan colored ball of fluff jump at me. I let out an "oof" as I fell to the floor, feeling a wet tongue slobber all over my cheek. I giggled feeling the dog sniff all over my face. 

"Down boy!" Presnel called. The dog barked in response, looking up as Presnel pat his side. The dog rushed over and he leaned down to pet the golden retriever. 

Neymar held out his hand for me. I grabbed it as he pulled me up. 

"Jeez that dog is huge," I laughed breathlessly. "What's his name?"

The boys shared a look as they suppressed their laughs. 

"What? Don't tell me it's Beau or something."

"No. It's worse," Neymar laughed. 

"What no way," I said, staring at Presnel. 

Dani fell into a fit of laughter and Presnel rolled his eyes, shaking his head at him. 

"H-his name is-is," Dani struggled to speak but composed himself after a moment.  "...Baguette."

"No fuckin way," I deadpanned, staring at the dog who tilted his head and grinned at me. 

"Yeah!"

"You named the dog baguette?" I asked incredulously. Presnel nodded at me.

"Well damn," I mumbled under my breath, bending down to pet Baguette.  

"Who's a good boy?" I grinned, rubbing under his neck. The boys decided to play a round of FIFA, settling on the couch.  He let out a 'wuff' and shoved his nose into my neck. I giggled, scratching his ears. He closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling. 

"Wow Rousseau, never saw you as a dog person," Neymar said, sitting down on the floor beside me. 

"Yeah well, I do prefer cats."

He made a face, "Dogs are better."

"Suure."

"Seriously. My sister had a cat in Brazil and it lived on the streets. Absolutely hated that little fucker. He bit my hand," Neymar recalled, shaking his head at the memory. 

I laughed before stating, "Well you must've done something to it."

"I mean, I just picked it up," he began, "by its tail."

"Dumbass," I rolled my eyes. 

"Whatever."

He was quiet as I continued to pet Baguette, who had now sprawled out on the floor between my legs. 

"Have you found anything new about you know," he asked quietly. He was asking about the man who was after him, now nicknamed- You Know.  Creative I know. 

"No, he seems to be laying low for now," I sighed, leaning back to stretch. 

"Why me," Neymar groaned, running his hands over his face. 

"Hey, don't stress so much," I gently touched his shoulder, "That's my job."

"I know but it's just frustrating," he sighed, bringing his hand up to mine. He took it in his and laid it in his lap. I felt my heart flutter. My heart went oops yuh - My heart just got stuck- what the heck Natalia. I've been watching too many tik tok videos. 

"Guess who's here!" someone called from the doorway. Edinson came in, carrying 2 cases of beer. The boys cheered, getting up to greet him. Dani and Thiago grabbed scissors to open the boxes but I stopped them. 

"Hold up, is this allowed?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes at the boys. 

"Uh yeah?" Dani said, but it sounded more like a question.

"Mmm, I don-"

"Here!" Edinson shoved his phone in my face. I moved back, reading the text from Tuchel. 

Can we party tonight?

Connard Tuchel: What?

Can me and the boys have a party?

Connard Tuchel: Why are you asking me, I'm not your mother

Um, because it involves alcohol?

Connard Tuchel: whatever sure  just don''t call me if you get stuck in a mess

I snorted as I read the messages but laughed more when I noticed what Ed had saved Tuchel's name under. 

"Connard Tuchel?"

The boys laughed as Neymar asked what that meant. 

"You're too young," I said, patting his head. Presnel snickered, earning a glare from Neymar.

"Hey! I am not!"

"Fine it means asshole," I said. 

"Wow, and he doesn't care?" he asked. 

"Nah, I'm pretty sure he knows but didn't say anything," Edinson said. 

I stood up, motioning for him to follow. We walked out the back door to his courtyard which I also adored. It was so beautiful, with dark red roses lining the sides of the walkway. The wind blew gently as our hands swung back and forth gently, still intertwined. The moonlight shined on us, reflecting in the pool as we walked around it. 

"Any reply from your brother?" he asked gently, knowing to tread carefully. 

"No but he replied to my mothers birthday wish," I said quietly. 

"He didn't respond to you?" Neymar asked, sitting up. 

I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut. 

"That's odd," he muttered. 

"I just-" I stopped as i heard my voice crack. 

"Hey, it's ok," Neymar said softly, using his hand to tilt my face towards his. His hand cupped my face gently. I pressed my eyes closed, feeling the burn of tears. 

------------------------------------------------

To be continued......

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but now that we're under lockdown because of COVID-19 I don't have school so I will have a bit more time to write. Please stay safe and wash your hands because it is your responsibility to keep yourself and others at risk safe.