Chapter 37

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 2K READS. DO Y'ALL KNOW HOW CRAZY THIS IS?! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH! 

Natalia's POV

"You're never going to get to him, you hear me. Never," I snarled, pushing the gun harder into his abdomen. 

"Funny you say that Natalie," he smirked, blood glinting on his teeth. 

"Shut the fuck up," I hissed. 

"I know you can't kill me sweetheart. I'm untouchable," he cackled. His laugh filled the room making my skin crawl. 

"Oh boy, you think you're untouchable? Oh really?" I challenged, standing up. 

"Of course. Plus, what can a little girl like you do? A little girls who's all alone?" he mocked. What he said next made my blood run cold. 

"What happened to your brother Natalia. Seems to me he crumbled under the pressure of society. Such a shame."

Then, I saw red.

6 hours earlier.....

I trudged down the stairs into the kitchen in search of food. I hadn't left my room in almost 2 days. I glance outside the large floor length windows that spanned across the living room. It was dark and dreary, almost as if the weather was mirroring my mood. Rain pounded on the roof making harsh pitter-patter. I didn't hate it, acutally, I sort of enjoyed it. I was sure that it was flooding my backyard.

I wish I had a pet.....that was random. 

I let out another long sigh which turned into an animalistic groan at the end. I jumped as thunder cracked loudly, booming loudly in the distance. I shuddered as I thought of how cold it was outside. The sky had turned completely dark, almost as if it was midnight. My phone buzzed on the kitchen counter. 

I cleared my throat, knowing my voice would be scratchy as I hadn't spoke in days. 

"Hello?"

"Hi Natalia," Neymar greeted. 

"Hi."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm well how's everything with you?"

"Good, but everyone's really frustrated right now."

"What? Why?"

"Our flight was delayed because of the storm."

"Oh really? I didn't know it was that bad."

"Yeah neither did I. Are you feeling it?"

"Definitely, it's raining cats and dogs right now," I said, watching the rain pour outside the window. 

"Oh man, this really sucks," I heard him sigh.

"How long is the flight delayed?"

"I don't know but I heard Coach saying it could be cancelled. Then the earliest we could come back is Friday which is 2 days from now."

"Aww, hopefully that doesn't happen."

"Yeah, I'm kind of starting to miss you," he laughed. 

"Ha, wish I could say the same," I chuckled. 

"Hmmm, sure."

"Just kidding, you already know I miss you."

"Aww, I feel so loved. Also did you bring my car in? I don't want trees falling on it or something."

"Uh no I don't think so, I can go get it."

"Would you please? That would be great."

"Yeah I got it. Well, see you hopefully tomorrow," I said, getting the keys to Neymar's car. 

"Yeah, talk to you soon, bye."

"Bye."

I ended the call and hurried down the stairs. I grabbed my rain coat and zipped it up tightly. I literally scurried like a mouse to the car and got in. The rain pounded harshly on the roof as I drove up the driveway. I parked the car and scrambled to get back into the house, away from the freezing garage. 

I lightly hummed to myself as I made a bowl of popcorn. I was going to have a Harry Potter marathon to get my mind off of things. I was hoping that Neymar's return would be a distraction but he wasn't coming home until later. I found it odd that I was sad. I usually didn't mind if he was gone for a week but this time, I felt lonely. Lonelier than usual. And the unopened letter from my brother sitting on my vanity wasn't making things any better. 

I stopped humming as I suddenly got an eerie feeling. Stop creeping yourself out Natalia. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. The thunder outside was becoming less frequent but the rain was steadily pouring. 

"You're a wizard Harry," I imitated, then giggled to myself, as the familiar scene rolled out on my screen. I was going insane living alone in this house. And adding to that, I could've sworn I'd heard a noise from the main entrance. I lowered the volume of the TV and listened attentively. I didn't even notice I was holding my breath. I heard a scuffle again. This time I knew I wasn't hallucinating. I quickly zipped to the kitchen and unlocked the drawer that held my gun. My body was sweating as if I had run a mile. My senses were enhanced as I listened for any sounds. I pressed my back against the wall by the doorway to the living room. Waiting, for the intruder to make his way in. I had turned up the TV again to make it seem as though I was still watching and placed a pillow in the blankets. The sound of footsteps could be hear, clear as day. The got louder as the person neared closer. 

"Where is he?!" the intruder demanded, pointing his gun at the couch. I almost laughed at his stupidity. 

"I asked, where is he?" he shouted, nearing the couch, thinking I was sitting there. 

"Wow, you really are stupid," I snickered, clicking the safety of my trigger and pushing myself off the wall. He spun around in record speed, a look of surprise on his face. 

"You," he hissed, shaking in anger. I guess catching him by surprise hurt his bad guy ego. 

"Awww, look at you. Didn't think I would see you," I smirked. 

"Fucking bitch," he snarled, as I swiped his legs out from under him. His head hit the floor, making a loud thump. The gun had fallen and was now under the couch. I tucked my gun into the back of the waistband of my leggings. Grabbing him by the hair, I looekd directly into his eyes. 

"Who are you and what the hell do you want?"

"I want the Brazilian boy," he spit. 

"Too bad, you're not going to get him."

That seemed to have pushed a button because his eyes flashed with anger. I was angry at myself for not predicting it. He slammed his forehead into mine, leaving me with a searing headache. I growled in anger, landing a punch straight in his face. He stumbled back but managed to hit me right on my temple. I grabbed my gun, deciding I'd had enough. I gripped it from the back and smacked him with it, right across the face. He fell to the floor before lying still. I had knocked him out. I quickly called one of my contacts at the FBI's office. 

"Agent Rousseau, I need to speak with Benjamin."

"He's busy right now ma'am."

"Well then make him un-busy."

"Ma'am-"

"Does it look like I have time for your excuses? I thought so."

Man this policing stuff is hard work.