Chapter 29

Before I start the Chapter I wanted to give a quick shout out to @ViscaelBarcelona @4273914d @yttattfor reading and voting on my chapter. It really means a lot thank you 😊❤. 

Natalia's POV

I watched as Rafa and her family rushed into the hospital, panicked expressions on their faces. She led her parents to a nurse who was passing by. She asked her something that obviously confused the nurse. I knew that I should go and talk to them and explain the situation since they had absolutely no idea what happened. But I couldn't bring myself to get up from my position on the ground in the secluded hallway outside the bathroom. Come on Natalia. You've already put them through so much, I said to myself. I pushed myself up of the ground and took a few shaky steps toward them. Reaching them, I cleared my throat, fiddling with my fingers. They turned to look hopefully at me.

"Olá," I said, cracking a small smile. They greeted me quietly, still confused.

"Você sabe o que aconteceu com ele?" Do you know what happened to him?

(A/N: I asked my friend to translate this for me so don't come for me if it's wrong 😂)

"He was," I hesitated, "In an accident."

Neymar's mother looked like she was going to pass out so I quickly made her sit down.

"Is he going to be okay?" Rafa asked.

"He went came out of surgery a while ago," I informed. I excused myself after a few minutes and returned to my spot in the hidden hallway. I took a deep breath, looking up at the washed out ceiling. Things had been going just fine. Until I had to mess everything up like usual. I felt sick to my stomach, as if I was going to spill my guts right there on the floor. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, I heard shouting coming from the rooms. Rafaella got up and rushed to the doctor who came out of Neymar's room with a troubled expression. I followed her and asked him what we were both wondering, what's happening now?

"There were some... Complications during surgery," the doctor sighed. "He's lost a lot a blood."

"But you're taking care of it, right," I said, looking at him expectantly.

"Well, we need a blood donor."

"Okay," I nodded, not seeing the problem.

"We don't have any available at the moment," the doctor admitted. I stared at him, gobsmacked. What kind of hospital doesn't have a blood donor?? All this time, Rafaella was darting her head back and forth trying to keep up with the conversation in rapid French. I took a moment to explain everything to her. She called her mother and father over to ask them what blood type they had. Both of his parents had A+.

"What blood type is Neymar?" I asked.

"That's the problem. He has blood type B-," the doctor said. I relayed the information to Rafaella before rushing out of the hospital. I needed a minute to think. My head was spinning and I felt like throwing. There was a solution. I knew. I had type O blood. Type O blood was universal and could be donated to anyone. But was I willing to donate it to Neymar? I thought to myself. After processing the idea, I had my answer. Of course I would.

"Doctor!" I called, running into the waiting area, earning odd looks. Neymar's looked at me curiously, wondering what I was up to now.

"I have type O blood," I gasped. His eyes went wide. The doctor seemed to consider the possibilities before shaking his head.

"It's not safe. The amount of blood is to great to extract at one go. You could die from blood loss,"

"Does it look like I give a damn??" I exclaimed.

"It would be breaking protocol an-"

"Does it look like I care?! He going to fucking die," I shouted. The doctor seemed to be affected by my words and he called the nurse to bring a needle. Right now? Here? I thought, slightly spooked by the fact that I could die from blood loss. I pushed the thoughts away as the nurse readied the supplies.

"Natalia, don't," Nadine whispered.

"You don't have to," Rafa said softly, placing a hand on my arm. I looked up at her for a moment before shaking my head.

"It's okay. I'll do it."

"Natalia no," Neymar's mother said firmly, her eyes daring me to let the needle puncture my skin. I found the ceiling panels very interesting as the nurse cleaned the area with a alcohol wipe. My heart rate was all over the place, as if I was on a roller coaster. I steadied my breathing by examining the criss-crossing lines on the ceiling. The sting of the needle entering my skin made me feel lightheaded. The bag hanging from the pole began to fill up with dark red liquid. I felt my legs go weak and my vision went in and out of focus. I let out a gasp as my knee's gave away and I fell into the arms of another nurse. I heard someone yell my name as I felt arms wrap around my waist. I managed to mumble a quick I'll be okay before I completely passed out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ---

Hm, Natalia seems to pass out a lot 😂. What do you think will happen? Will Neymar live and Natalia die? DUN DUN DUN.