Chapter 14

^Talia

Neymar's POV

I was tired was an understatement. The past 2 days had been torture because of full time training and extra on top of that in preparation for the champions league final. The sweat tickled the back of my neck as I walked towards the tunnel. The stadium was full and people cheered for us as we left the pitch. As I nearer the camera area, a scream caught my attention.
"Oh my god!"
"Somebody help!"
"Call the medics!"

Confusion was clear on my team mates faces as they too saw the commotion. I wandered closer to the  bottom stands to see a girl on the floor.
"Hey, can u bring the girl inside," I asked one of the security guards.
"Sorry but she's not authorized," he replied.
"She's having a medical emergency just bring her in," Julian presser from beside me.
"You know I can't d-"
Before he could finish, Julian had walked over and picked the young girl up in his arms and brought her in the tunnel.
"What's happening," Natalia asked, running up to me.
"She just fell on the floor, I think she's having trouble breathing," I told her.
She hurried into the meeting room beside the lockers where the girl was laying.
"Hi. I'm Natalia, can you tell me your name?"

The girl took short quick breaths before managing to say "Audrey".
"Hi Audrey. How old are you?"
Audrey responded meekly, "11."
All of a sudden, her body spasmed before lying still.
"Audrey! Audrey!" Natalia shook her body but it was still. "Where the fuck are the paramedics?"

"They're stuck outside the stadium. Too many people are leaving at once," Kylian informed. Natalia cracked her knuckles, something I noticed she did when she was nervous. 

"She's going to die!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands up. 

"I'll check her pulse again," one of the medics in training offered. Natalia stepped aside allowing him to press his fingers against her neck. He froze, slowly looking up to Natalia. 

"No pulse."

The room went quiet as the seriousness of the situation sunk in. As always, Natalia was the first to make a move. The time spent in training was now coming to use. 

"Starting chest compression's." 

She closed her eyes, releasing a deep breath before starting CPR. The medic-who's name was Alexandre-and Natalia took turns. 

"Come on, come on," Natalia murmured.  It had been at least three minutes and the girl was unresponsive. The two had removed their jackets which now lay discarded on the ground beside them. Despite their rigorous efforts, the girl was still. Not a single breath was being taken. 

"Natalia," Alexandre softly, pulled at her shoulder as she continued CPR. She ignored him, focusing on what she was doing.  

"Natalia she's," he trailed off, not wanting to say it. 

"No she's not. Just... give me a few more seconds," she insisted. My heart broke for the young girl. Just seeing her small body on the floor was upsetting. Seeing Natalia struggling to believe that Audrey might've slipped away... I couldn't explain it. 

"Audrey please," she whispered. I could tell she was getting tired, her arms loosing the rate of consistent pumping. The room was almost empty, everyone had left because they couldn't bear to see such a young girl go through this. I was about to tell Natalia that she should stop when I heard her gasp. 

"She's breathing!"

Another chorus of gasps were heard as Audrey coughed, turning over to her side. Talia sat back, gently tapping her back as a string of coughs escaped her lips. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

an hour later

"I'm pooped," Natalia said, sliding into the passenger seat of my car. 

"Same here," I agreed. We both had a long day today. She had spent the last few minutes talking with Audrey's mother, who was thanking her non stop. 

"What exactly happened to her?" 

"She had a panic attack because there were too many people trying to move past her and leave."

"Oh wow. That must've been so scary for her. And she's so young. Good job."

"I just wish people would just understand that I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. Anyone would've done that."

"You saved her life," I said, glancing at her. 

"I didn't. I just helped her like anyone would."

"Not everyone has the guts or the courage to do that you know."

"Would you do it?" she asked, looking at me intently. 

I was quiet for a moment before replying, "Before meeting you, probably not. But now, yes."

"Why after meeting me?"

"Because you showed me what reality is. I used to think stuff like this only happened in movies. Turns out it's real."

Natalia was quiet, looking down at her feet. We sat in silence as I drove back home. When we reached, I stopped in the doorway as she hung her coat up.

"I'm being serious. You've taught me so many things that I never knew I needed to learn. And you're one of the most amazing people I've ever met."

"You really think so?" she asked, looking around. A pink tinge could be seen on her cheeks. If you didn't know her, you would've missed it. 

"Is Talia blushing?" I teased, wrapping my arms around her. Rolling her eyes, she returned the hug, pressing her face to my chest. I sighed in content, enjoying the feeling of warmth spreading through my body. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Sorry it was late. On a serious note though, this actually happened to my friend when she was little but it wasn't as serious. She just had a panic attack because it was so crowded and noisy. Pleeeeease let me know in the comments how you think this book is going. I really need constructive criticism. So please comment, vote, and share. 

Happy December!

-Mia