Chapter 25

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Neymar's POV:

"What the hell are you talking about?"

I groaned, stretching out my muscles as the sound of a loud voice rang through the house. Blinking, I focused my eyes on Natalia standing in the dimly lit kitchen. She ran her hand through her hair, aggressively tugging at its roots.

"I never said anything! Why is this such a big issue?" she asked exasperatedly. A few moments passed before she spoke again on the phone.

"Elliot doesn't know anything! He's just saying stuff, I can't believe you two even talked! And that too about me."

"-Okay, I don't want to know and I don't want you to tell me. I don't care, save it for someone who does. Is there anything else? No I'm not coming home for Christmas. Not after this stupid stunt you pulled," She said lowly before hanging up. Natalia let out a groan, rubbing her eyes.

"You okay there?" I asked quietly, not wanting to upset her.

"Perfect. Just my parents being nosy," she explained, laying her head on her arms. "Sorry I woke you up."

"Nah, it's a good thing. I've slept for 4 hours."

"That's good too, you need the rest."

"So what did you do?" I asked. The small exchange between us seemingly forgotten which I was grateful for. That's what I loved about Natalia, she never held a grudge. For me at least.

"Just went through some assignments. And I got a call from the FBI director. Apparently it's time for my annual evaluation exam," she rolled her eyes.

"What's that?" I asked. "It sounds stressful."

"Tell me about it."

"What is he going to "evaluate" you on?"

"My skills basically. Like hand to hand combat, weapon management, suspect assessment," she listed.

"That sounds complicated yet interesting," I responded, nodding my head.

"Yeah but it sucks cause I won't know when it is. It's a "surprise-evaluation" as he calls it."

"But he already told you about it," I said, confused.

"Exactly. God knows what's going on in that guys head," she mumbled, shaking her head.

"Oh shoot, we need to go," I yelped, noticing the time. Natalia's eyes widened as well as she quickly got up. Today was The Best FIFA awards and I had decided to go for the first time. Well, Leo had tried to convince me and Natalia agreed that it would be a nice outing for me. But I needed a plus one. Who could that be? I was debating on getting Bruna to come along but Rafaella smacked me on the head saying "why would u take that witch when you have Natalia?!"
So, obviously I agreed and asked Natalia. She was all too reluctant and refused to be seen wearing a dress saying her "dignity would be nonexistent". But, in the end, my good looks and charm managed to get her to agree.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" she called from her room where she was getting ready. After the incident, Natalia had been very reluctant to go places where I would be seen. But of course, I had to be seen in public. It was a part of my job.

"Yeah definitely," I responded, spritzing some cologne on.

"Okay th- oh jeez," she broke off, coughing and gagging.

"You okay?" I laughed, watching her wave her hand in front of her face.

"For sure, just got  some of your cologne in my mouth," she wheezed.

"Oops," I sheepishly rubbed my neck. That was when I noticed what she was wearing. A navy blue floor length gown. It subtly showed off her curves and made her already slender figure look beautiful.

"Is it too much?" she asked, looking unsure. That was the first time I had ever seen Natalia unsure of anything.

"No! No, of course not," I quickly said, "you look beautiful."

A soft pink flooded her cheeks as she looked down at her feet. She's so adorable sometimes.

We quickly got our things together and got into the car that had been sent to get us. Natalia leaned back in her seat and let out a sigh.

"You okay?" I asked, turning in my seat to face her. She closed her eyes and nodded, pushing back the short hairs dangling in her face.

"Yeah. My parents are being a pain and I don't know what to do."

"Your parents?"

"Yeah, we don't exactly have the best relationship."

"That really sucks, hopefully you'll figure it all out," I smiled, not really knowing what else to say.

"Thanks," she smiled, unbuckling her seat belt as we pulled up to the curb.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Natalia's POV

It had been almost an hour since the awards had ended and being honest I had a great time. I thought it would be boring but it was quite fun meeting everyone and seeing all these players that others could only dream of meeting. I had been waiting outside for the past 30 minutes for Neymar but he hadn't come out. I was beginning to get worried but Marco (the other bodyguard) told me he was busy talking to someone. So instead, I caught up with Kylian and his girlfriend. (A/N: IDK if their actually together, just for the sake of the story)

"So what are your plans for the weekend?" Alicia asked as we walked through the never ending hall.

"I'm not really sure," I shrugged.

"Alicia and I are going out to see Moulin Rouge," Kylian grinned, looking at his girlfriend.

"Oh wow! That's such a cl- Ow fuck," I winced as something slammed into the back of my head and neck. My head jerked forward pulling a muscle and left a burning feeling in its wake. Dots appeared in my vision as I blinked rapidly. I felt a hand on my shoulder and an arm wrap around my waist.

"Natalia are you okay?!" Neymar asked, holding my head. I nodded, keeping my eyes closed. I tried to massage the feeling out of my neck but it was still burning.

"What the fuck was that?"

"An iphone," Alicia said, holding my elbow to steady me as I continued to massage my head.

"What?"

"That girl threw an iPhone and it hit you," Kylian explained.

"Why the hell would someone throw an iPhone?"

"I have no idea," he shrugged.

"Are you alright?" Alicia asked, giving me a concerned look.

"Yeah just really confused."

Neymar came up to me again, this time dragging a girl by her arms.

"Natalia this is Valentina, she threw her phone at you on accident," he introduced.

And that was when I met the biggest bitch on the freaking planet.