Chapter 26

Natalia's POV'

One week later...

Tacos. I want Tacos. That's all I could think about for the past hour. I was dead tired and could barely drive back home. Why? Allow me to explain. His highness, also known as my boss, called me in for my evaluation today. He tested me on everything from shooting to hand to hand combat. I can't feel my butt anymore. That's how many times I was thrown on the floor. But I passed which is what matters. Not the broken butt and busted lip I have. Oh and the black eye. Yeah, none of that matters. I dragged myself up the driveway to the door and shoved the key into the doorknob. It took a lot of effort to unlock the massive door and get inside. 

"Look what the cat dragged in," said Marcelo. 

"Literally," Neymar mumbled, staring at me. 

"Wow, thanks," I rolled my eyes, huffing in annoyance. 

"What's with the busted lip?"

"More like busted face," Marcelo snickered, earning a strangled laugh from Neymar. At least he tried to contain his laughter. 

Suddenly, the door swung open, the slam echoing through the house. Neymar's head shot up, making eye contact with me. I motioned for the two boys to stay put, grabbing  my gun from the drawer. Slowly making my way to the front door, I heard someone call out. 

"Anybody home?!"

"Fucking hell, Dani," I shouted, throwing my hands up. 

"Hey what did I d- is that real?"

I sighed, shaking my head. Neymar popped his head into the foyer. A look of relief passed over his face as he realised who had opened the door. 

"You didn't lock the door?"

"I thought I did, not sure."

"Natalia, I thought you would be the last person to forget to lock the door."

"Ok,but I'm tiiiired,"I whined, draping my arms over his shoulders. He shook his head but a light smile appeared on his face. He squished my cheeks with his hands, laughing at my face. 

"You suck," I muttered, punching him in the stomach. I left him groaning in the kitchen. I nodded to the boys and headed up to my room. 

- - - - - - - - - - - 

I sat up in bed, moving my Beats off of one ear. I hear more muffled noises from downstairs. What the heck? Should I go check? I should. But it's so faar. Come on, Natalia. You'll regret it if you don't. After contemplating, I quietly opened my door and tip-toed down the stairs. Creeping into the kitchen only to find Marcelo and Neymar trying to reach a glass jar in the top cupboard. I watch in amusement as they try numerous ways to get it down. 

"Wait, let me climb on your shoulders," Marcelo suggests. I'm about to protest but Neymar does it before I can.

"Fuck no, you're a fatass."

I try my hardest to refrain from laughing. They really are stupid. Neymar then grabs a small stool and stands on it. The extra height gives him just enough edge for him to grab the jar. 

"Almost there," Dani called, being the epitome of lazy and still sitting on the couch.

"Yes! I got i - shit."

The stool slides out from under him as he cheers. I rush forward from my hiding spot, diving to grab the jar. I caught it right before it hit the marble floor.  

"Holy shit," Marcelo exlaimed, staring at me. "How did you do that?"

"Dunno," I reply shrugging my shoulders. "Now, what did you need this for?"

I throw the jar up and down in my hand, looking to the boys for an answer. 

"It was a dare," Neymar speaks up. 

"A dare?" I repeat. 

"Yeah."

"Jeez, guys. You really need help."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Neymar's POV

I watched as Natalia went back up the stairs to her room, listening for the door to click shut. 

"Dude," Marcelo began, "you're whipped."

"What?"

"He's literally head over heels for her," Dani agreed.

"Wait, what? I don't like her," I defended. 

"Yeah right, stop denying it."

"I don't!"

"You live together, you can't stand being away from her, you get that weird smile when you talk about her, you play fight with each other, do you want me to continue?" Marcelo asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Ugh okay whatever," I groaned, rubbing my face. This was too much for my goldfish sized brain to handle. 

"Just ask her out man," Dani suggested. "She probably likes you too"

"I can't just do that."

"Why not? Last time I checked there's no rules to love."

"Ok! ok! can we pLeAsE talk about something else," I begged, feeling cheeks heat up.

"OOOHH he's BLUSHING!" the boys cheered, slapping my back. I pinched Dani's arm, looking anxiously up towards Natalia's room.