Chapter 35

Natalia's POV

I was dead tired and hadn't left the house in nearly 3 days. Somehow I ended up having a 104 degree fever and had stomach sickness. My house seemed way to big for my liking as I sat alone in the living room. The weather outside seemed as dismal as I was as rain poured down harshly, making me wonder if the roof was going to collapse. I glanced at the clock on the wall that ticked slowly. 3:35 am. I let out a sigh, slouching further on the couch. Neymar had bugged me to visit but I wouldn't risk him getting sick, especially with the Champions League finals next week. He was working hard as well, trying to get himself in tip top shape before the final. That didn't stop him from pestering me via text. But that came with cute messages and good morning and goodnight wishes. At times like this, the dead of the night, did I wonder about my life. What were we? Were we a couple? Friends with benefits? No let's not go there. Then there was the worry of my brother. As I sat alone in my house, burning to a crisp from my fever, my thoughts wandered back to my family. I hadn't heard from my parents since that conversation -more like argument- almost 4 months ago. And my brother, don't even get me started. I have no clue what happened to him. He didn't answer any of my calls or texts, but updated his twitter regularly. Last month he had tweeted that he was being sent on an excursion operation in Somalia. That was the last I'd heard from him. I looked up at the clock again that now read 4:45 am. Great. I spent almost an hour and a half sitting here doing nothing. I should sleep.

I felt sleep slowly drag me under as minutes ticked by. You know that sleep when you're half awake but somewhat asleep? Like when you fall asleep in class? You know what's going on but your brain's asleep? Ya know? OK yeah great. I jumped as my phone pinged, pulling me fro my half-sleep. Who the hell is texting me now? I squinted at the bright light from the screen that illuminated my dark living room.

Ney-bitch: Sup.
How are you feeling?
Guess what?
Ok you're not going to guess cuz ur asleep but
We
Are
Leaving
In
Two days for Turkey

Oh wow
Two days? That's so early

Y the fuck r u awake????

I couldn't sleep. Y r u awake

training remember? its 5:30

o i forgot

Omg Natalia, ur sick ur supposed to rest

Ik but i'm not tired

I'm coming ovr

NO

YES

No i'm serious
come in 2 days before
your flight leaves.

Wait. Will u b
better by then?
I can't go w/o u

No i don't think i'll be better

what
r u serious

yeah. I have 102
fever (~ 38 C)

Jesus Natalia. y didn't u tell me.
What if I die because u weren't there. What if u die cuz ur so sick

shut up dipshit ur not gonna die marcus is going w u
I'm fine it's just a
fever that was long overdue
Havent been sick in 4 years

I'll send alicia ovr to help

no I don't want to
bother her or get her sick

fine. I'll get u food and
leave it on ur door step.

ugh fine.

good. now sleep
boa noite 🥰

boa noite 😊❤

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I stretched my muslces out after waking up from the best sleep I've had in a while. After saying good night to Neymar, I trudged upstairs and fell alseep on my bed. I woke up and headed down to the kitchen to make some warm coffee and pancakes for myself. I was mixing my coffee when the doorbell rang, echoing through the empty house. I hurried to the door to see Neymar standing there with that heart-winning smile.

"Hey, long time no see," he grinned.

"Hey, thanks for coming," I smiled, taking the bag with take out. He moved closer but I held my arm out.

"Ah-ah-ah you know what I said," I raised my eyebrows. He pouted, crossing his arms.

"I don't want you getting sick," I said. He nodded and let out a sigh.

"I'm going to miss you."

"Me too. Your lack of annoyingness is going to kill me."

"Ha ha very funny," he said, turning to head back to his car.

"Bye," I waved, grinning like a little girl. My heart warmed at the fact that he had come to see me and brought me food. Food was always good.

"Bye chica," he waved and blew a kiss at me. I made a face, catching it in my hand and throwing it to the floor before stomping on it. Neymar sent me a deadpanlook before rolling his eyes. I chuckled, waving again as he left. Closing the door, I let out a sigh. What is this man doing to me?