Chapter 34

Natalia's POV

"Good Morning!" Alicia greeted as I came out onto the pitch. 

"Hey! Long time no see," I grinned, giving her a hug. It was great to have her around or I think I would die. 

"So hows it going?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows in Kylian's direction. She blushed, looking down at her shoes. 

"Oh same old, same old," she mumbled. 

"Uh-huh tot-" 

I was abruptly cut off as someone wrapped their arms around my waist, hoisting me into the air. 

"Excuse me?! Put me down!" I shrieked, clawing at my captors arms. 

"Ow! You suck!" Neymar hissed, sucking on his arm that was bleeding a little. Oops. 

"That's what you get," I huffed, crossing my arms. 

"Aw Ney Ney has a booboo," Kylian pouted, earning a scowl from Neymar. I snickered at him, joining in with the rest of the boys. 

"Y'all play to much," he sighed. 

"Can we go get food?" Alicia asked. 

"Yeah sure, where do you guys wanna go?" I asked, pulling the door and stepping out into the car park. 

"Your house," Neymar smirked.  I glared at him before sighing. 

"Of course you wanna go there," Kylian said. I made a face, watching Alicia narrow her eyes at me. 

"What does that mean?" she asked, turning to look up at her boyfriend. 

"Oh well would you look at that, time to go!" Neymar said, grabbing my arm. "See you at Natalia's house!"

"Wait wh-ok Bye!" I called as Neymar dragged me to the car. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"So whats the plan for the next month?" I asked, pulling out a champagne bottle from the top shelf. 

"I'm not sure but Coach said he will release the schedule sometime today," Kylian said. 

"Yeah I wanna know what they're going to do about Euro this year," Neymar said, grabbing the glasses from the cupboard. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Neymar struggling with the champagne bottle but I ignored it. I grabbed a big bowl for chips and set it on the center counter.

"Honestly, I think it would be better if they just-" Alicia began. I heard a pop and as I turned around, a cold liquid drenched the side of my shirt. My mouth hung open as I turned to face Neymar who stared at me with wide eyes. 

"Oh my god," Kylian breathed before bursting into laughter. After recovering from the shock, I began laughing as well because I couldn't believe what'd just happened. 

"Jeez Ney the poor girl didn't need a shower," Alicia giggled, handing me paper towels.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know that would happen," he laughed, helping me mop the floor. 

We hurried to clean up the kitchen before joining Kylian and Alicia to watch P.S I Still Love You. Alicia's choice this time of course. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I let out a sigh, snuggling closer to the warm figure on my side. I heard someone chuckle before arms wrapped under my  body and lifted me off the couch. I let out an incoherent noise, still half asleep. I heard someone's voice whisper something along the lines of "she's exhausted" and "needs to sleep". Are they talking about me? my subconscious asked. I felt the person carrying me shuffle around and I vaguely registered that Neymar was taking me up to my room. The soft sheets caressed my skin as the mattress dipped under my weight. The arms around my arm left me but I held on, pulling them closer to me. I shivered as breath fanned on my forehead. 

"Natalia go to sleep," Neymar's voice whispered. I grunted in response, not exactly ladylike. I heard him laugh softly, bringing the blankets up to my chin. I relaxed as sleep over took me. I felt him kiss my temple before the door shut softly. 

- - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - 

I blinked rapidly, trying to get my eyes to open up. My head pounded and I could hear my blood rushing. I stretched, letting out a noise that could be compared to Chewbacca's. I got up and padded into the bathroom. I nearly passed out when I saw myself in the mirror. I was surprised the mirror hadn't shattered. 

"What the hell?" I muttered to myself, touching my face. I was burning to the touch and drool had dried up on the  corner of my cheek. I looked like a hermit. There was a knock at my door that got my attention and I quickly washed my face. As I walked down the stairs, my head ached with every step. I opened the door, wincing at the bright sunlight. 

"Where were you I was wait- oh," Neymar stopped, realizing my state. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm great," I smiled, batting my eyelashes. He rolled his eyes, stepping inside. I shut the door as he took of his coat. 

"Your're burning," he said, removing his hand from my face. "I think you have a fever." DISCLAIMER: she doesn't have corona - in case you were wondering 🥴

"Yeah, no shit sherlock," I smirked, grabbing a glass. 

"Sit down," he said, gently pushing me out of the kitchen. 

"But I wan't water," I whined, pouting in annoyance. 

"Shut up and sit. I'll get you water," he said, leaving no room for arguments. I grumbled but trudged into the living room and plopped onto the couch. I grabbed the remote and flicked through the shows on Netflix before settling on La Casa de Papel. I got comfortable just as Neymar came out, carrying my glass of water and another mug. My eyes lit up as I realised what was in the mug. 

"Hot chocolate?!" I asked. He nodded, handing me the mug. I grinned, enjoying the warmth that spread up my hands. 

"Thank you!" I smiled, scooting over to give him space. 

"Oooh yes, I love this show," he said, clapping his hands. I rolled my eyes, "Of course you love it. You were in it."

"Well yeah," he nodded. We sat back and got comfortable as the show started. La Casa de Papel, here we come. 

- - - - - - - -  -- -- - - -- - -- - -- - -  -- 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.5K! You guys are so amazing! Sorry for the late update, but I had a minor case of writers block. Stay safe guys and wash your hands. If anyone needs someone to talk to in these trying times I'm here. I know the situation in Italy, Spain, and here in France is continuing to worsen so please follow your local guidelines and stay indoors. Even if you're not worried about yourself, you could pass it to someone who is susceptible to have major symptoms. Stay safe and healthy :). 

-Mia