Chapter 6

Natalia's POV

"Neymar! We have to leave now or we're gonna hit traffic!" I shouted up the stairs. I heard a bit of shuffling around and the clicking of the handle turning.

"I'm coming!" he shouted back exasperatedly. He hurried down the stairs nearly slipping on the second to last one.

"Jeez, I said hurry not die," I grumbled opening the garage door.

"You sound like a grandma. Always complaining," Neymar commented. I sent him a glare making him shut up. He placed his luggage in the trunk as I started the car.

"LAX right?"

"Where else?"

"Just checking."

It was silent as we drove through downtown LA towards the airport. I was giddy with excitement. It had been nearly a year and a half since I had been to France which, for me, was too long. My mind drifted to the disturbing dream I had last night. I was doubting my decision to let Neymar go back to Paris. I was worried that something would go wrong. My hands gripped the steering wheel tighter making my knuckles turn white.

"You okay?" Neymar asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Just thinking," I mumbled, wiping my palms on my jeans as we stopped at a light.

"About?"

"If this is a good idea."

"Me going back?"

I nodded, letting out a sigh.

"It'll be fine. Just relax. I can't wait for you to meet my team mates."

I didn't respond but nodded. We reached the airport, managing to not get stuck in traffic. I opened the door and opened the trunk waiting for Neymar to get his luggage out. I spotted a paparazzi hurrying behind us.

"Ney, there's a pap," I whispered, keeping my eyes on my phone. He looked at me and nodded, making his way towards the building. I quickly locked the car and entered the airport. I made my way to the empty waiting room and glanced at the clock. 1:15pm. Walking over to the windows, I sat and watched the plains landing and taking off. Neymar came up to stand next to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Stop worrying," he sighed.

"I'm trying but I can't."

"Come on! You're going to Paris!"

A small smile grew on my face as the thought crossed my mind.

"Okay I'm kind of excited," I admitted. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Fine! I'm suuuper excited."

"Knew it!" he cheered.

I scoffed folding my arms.

"Aren't you as well?"

"Touché,"

"Mr. Santos?" a voice called. I nearly snorted when Neymar cringed. He hated being called "Mr. Santos".

"Yes?"

"The plane is ready for you."

"Thank you."

We grabbed our suitcases and followed the man out onto the tarmac. He took our luggage and motioned for us to enter.

"You first," Neymar smirked.

"Nice try. You go," I rolled my eyes.

"Worth a try," he mumbled, climbing up the steps.

@neymarjr I'm stuck with this crackhead

2 million likes 1.8k comments

- - - - - - -

"Nat. Nat. Natalia. Puta!"

"Fuck off," I grumbled, slapping the hand that was poking my stomach.

"Well then, let's try this another way."

"No I'm up," I squeaked, sitting upright.

"Finally, I thought I was gonna have to get the fire extinguisher," Neymar sighed. What?

"That doesn't even make any sense," I said.

"It does to me so too bad. Now hurry up!"

"Okay I'm hurrying," I said, getting out of my seat. I nearly fell over because I was sitting for so long. It was like my legs forgot how to be legs. I finally got outside and found Neymar waiting for me.

"My car's in the parking," he said.

"Is it safe for me to be in the car with you?" I teased.

"My driving is excellent. Thank you very much."

"Sure."

We headed to the parking lot and a man called Neymar over, handing him a set of car keys. I followed him till we reached a Audi R8 that was similar to the one I had.

"Hmm, nice car. Never seen it before," I mocked.

"Shut up. I got mine before you did."

"Not true!"

"When did you get yours?"

"June 2018. You?"

"Same!"

"No way! Twinsies!"

I stared at him, blinking my eyes.

"Too much?" he asked uncertainly.

"Yeah, you just sound girlier than I do and I'm a girl."

He rolled his eyes, driving out of the parking lot. I faced my body toward the window, looking out. I smiled seeing the familiar sites of Paris flash by. The grey sky basked everything in a gloomy glow that I had grown to love. The gothic architecture pulled everything together. I could feel Neymar glancing at me as he drove. My stomach tingled as we neared the 2ème arrondissement. I had stayed here when I was in my first year of college. I was so preoccupied with my surroundings that I failed to notice the black Citroën trailing a few metres behind us.

- - - - - - - -- - - - -

COMMENT VOTE AND SHARE!

Let me know what ya think and if you have any suggestions and ideas.

-Mia❤