Chapter 22: Rain, Go Away. Unless You're Raining On Kitty's Tent So She Suffers

       I should have known better to think I would be able to peacefully sleep throughout the rest of the night on the camping trip. Apparently, things weren't going to go well at all.

       Sawyer gently shook me awake. "Jamie. I need your help."

       "Unless it has to do with kissing, let me sleep," I said.

       "It's going to start pouring soon," Sawyer said. "It's sprinkling a bit."

       "And?"

       "And we're in our tent. Unless you want rain to soak through, we have to go set up some tarps."

       I sighed heavily, mainly to be a dramatic pain. I looked over at Sawyer who was now putting on his sweater. "Can we make out first?" I asked.

       "I'll go ask Zach for help if you don't want to help me," Sawyer said, opening the tent door and putting on his shoes. "I have to go to my truck to get the tarps."

       Oh, there was no way I was letting Sawyer go out on his own after what happened last time. If Kitty saw that Sawyer was on his own, she wouldn't hesitate to make a move on him. Like always.

       "I'm coming too," I said, getting out of the sleeping bag and pulling on a sweater before following Sawyer outside of the tent and putting on my shoes. 

       It was sprinkling a bit like Sawyer said and judging by the dark, grey clouds, he was also right when he said it was going to start pouring soon.

       Hopefully everyone else was prepared so they wouldn't get soaked through the night. Except Kitty. I couldn't care less if the rain soaks her tent.

       In fact, I hoped she wasn't prepared so she could suffer.

       Some people were actually prepared. Those who were pulling the all-nighter sitting by the fireplace had put out the fire and set up a gazebo over it so they could stay dry. They were also setting a tarp up over it to double make sure.

       Sawyer and I left the forest and went to his truck so we could get some tarps and bungee cords for the tent. The rain was starting to fall a bit more heavily so we had to hurry back to where the campgrounds were.

       This time, more people, if not everyone, were out of their tent because of the rain. Some had been prepared. 

       Others?

       Not so much.

       "How come you didn't check the weather forecast before deciding to find a date and place for the camping trip?" Beau asked Lulu while they got out of their tent.

       "How come you didn't check before agreeing to it?" Lulu asked. "Don't blame me. Did you bring a tarp?"

       "Why would I bring a tarp when I didn't expect it to rain?" Beau asked. "Besides, your house is close enough to get one."

       "But it's too far," Lulu whined.

       "I have extras," Sawyer said. 

       "Thanks, Sawyer, for actually being prepared," Lulu said before glaring at Beau.

       Beau furrowed his eyebrows. "But... Camping today was your idea. You weren't prepared either."

       I grabbed one of the tarps and a few bungee cords from Sawyer before handing them to Lulu. "How about you stop arguing with your boyfriend and set up the tarp?"