Chapter 24: Like T-Swift Said, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

       I was feeling very bored the past couple days. The weather wasn't showing any sign of letting up so after coming home from school, I was stuck indoors.

       All I wanted to do was go horseback riding or something. Anything instead of staying in my room.

       Granted, it wasn't too bad because I shared a room with Sawyer but still. I just wanted to do something outside.

       The day the rain finally let up, my mood came down instead. I didn't know why. This just happened at times. There were days it took me forever to convince myself to get out of bed or where I didn't want to be around too many people.

       Mom, thankfully, let me stay home from school today. She said my grades were good enough that missing one day wasn't going to do anything.

       Because I couldn't force myself to get out of bed, Sawyer decided to bring me some breakfast; sunny side up eggs, bacon, and toast. "Thanks," I said, sitting up on the bed as Sawyer handed me the plate of food which was resting on a tray.

       "No problem," Sawyer said, sitting down beside me on the bed. "You feeling okay?"

       "I guess," I said. "I just don't feel like going anywhere today. Or being around too many people. I'll be okay. This normally just lasts for a day or two."

       "Well, just tell me if you need anything," Sawyer said. "But just as a heads up, a high school science class from the city is coming here today for a field trip."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?"

       "Because this is a farm," Sawyer said. "There's a lot for them to learn here. We get schools here all the time. I just wanted to tell you in case you wanted to go outside or something and wouldn't be caught off guard with all the people there."

       "Okay, thanks for the heads up," I said. "I might go see Paint later. If I can force myself to get out of bed."

       "Again, if you need anything, I'm here," Sawyer said.

       I smiled softly at him. "I know."

       Sawyer kissed my forehead before leaving the bedroom. I wasn't too hungry so I didn't eat much of the food but I still tried to eat something.

       When I felt like I couldn't eat anymore, I placed the tray of food on the nightstand and laid down back on the bed, pulling the blankets up to my shoulders.

       I was hoping I would be able to go back to sleep but my cell phone started buzzing with a lot of incoming texts coming in. I sighed, reaching for my phone to see all the text messages from Lulu.

Jamieeeee where are you? The second bell is about to ring.

Okay it rang and you're still not here?

Are you okay?

Jamie, answer meeeeee.

Omg.

Did Kitty get to you?

Should I call the cops?

Jamie, you're scaring me. Please answer.

       As much as I wanted to laugh at Lulu being melodramatic, like always, I didn't feel like laughing at all. I just sent her a simple reply.

I'm at home. I'm not feeling well.

       I placed my phone back on the nightstand, wanting to go back to sleep. I got a few more text messages from Lulu but I just left my phone. I felt bad for ignoring her but I just wasn't in the mood to talk right now.