Chapter 35: When Opportunity Knocks at Your Door, Get Dressed Before Answering

       Once Sawyer parked his truck and turned it off, I opened the door and hopped out. It probably would have been better if I simply stepped out, but I liked going the flashy route. Definitely a bad decision considering I stumbled and nearly fell to the ground. When I perfectly regained my balance, I announced, "I'm okay!"

       Sawyer chuckled. "Do you ever learn from the past couple times you nearly fell from getting out of the truck to fast?"

       "Nope," I said, going to the back of the truck so I could start unloading the stuff from our little getaway. Though part of me was just wanting to head inside to my room and lie on the bed for the rest of the day.

       Or do inappropriate things with Sawyer, but he probably wouldn't be up to it right now.

       I tried taking out my bag, but I was struggling too much. I didn't even know why I wasn't able to simply life it out of the back right now. Was I really this weak?

       Short answer? Yes. Long answer? It was because of all those darn weights I kept in my bag because I worked out all the time. Because I was strong. Very strong.

       Sawyer noticed my struggling to get my bag out of the back. "Seriously, what on earth do you have packed in your bag. We were only gone for the weekend."

       "Weights," I said. "Because I need to work out." I flexed my arms. "I don't muscles like this by not working out."

       Sawyer chuckled as he walked over to me, kissing my cheek before taking my bag out of the back. "Oh, wow. I can feel how heavy this is. So heavy."

       "Okay, I get it. You're strong. No need to rub it in, Sawyer."

       "Are you always so dramatic?"

       "Pretty much. It's why you love me so much."

       "I mean, I wouldn't say that's the reason why I love you, but I do love you." He gave me a quick kiss. "Now let's actually unload the truck."

       Was it bad that I spent most of my time just watching Sawyer unload, just so I could admire his muscles? I mean, he didn't seam to be complaining that I wasn't helping out too much, so surely it couldn't be that big of a problem.

       Once everything was unpacked and in our room, I flopped onto the bed. "So, wanna have s--"

       Of course, I was cut off before I could even finish the sentence. "Not once my family is home. Besides, I need to tell them the touring company to tell them my decision. I shouldn't hold off on that for too long..."

       "Right," I said, getting off the bed. "I'm really proud of you. You are going to kick ass on tour."

       Sawyer smiled at me. "Thank you, Jamie. I'm glad I have your support. I was a bit afraid you'd be upset that I was considering going on tour..."

       "Hey, I would never be upset at you for having an amazing opportunity," I said. "In fact, it's going to give me the opportunity to send you nudes while you're away."

       Sawyer sighed. "Of course that is what's on your mind right now."

       I just smiled innocently as I kissed Sawyer's cheek before leaving the bedroom so I could give him the privacy to call the touring company. I really was proud of him for getting this opportunity, especially when he just got back into showjumping.