Chapter 28: A Secret Training Course Can Also Be a Secret Make Out Spot

       I was never going to go camping with the Birch family ever again, even if we did go to a different campsite.

       Every single time there was some sort of sound in the middle of the night, they all wanted to go see what it was.

       Sawyer was kind enough to stay back with me, and Posie refused to go because she kept saying she was too tired to care about what was going to kill us.

       Honestly, Erica should have introduced me to her girlfriend and long time ago. I liked her.

       When morning came, I was extremely relieved. I couldn't handle being in this creepy place anymore.

       Despite only hearing weird sounds. And seeing shadows. 

       That still didn't shake that creepy feeling that I got from being in this cursed forest.

       We didn't stay for long after we woke up. We sat by the fire for a bit, making sure we were fully awake before packing up. We were going to have breakfast here but someone forgot to bring the breakfast, despite bringing all the other food.

       I'm looking at you, Vincent.

       Sawyer and I decided to go to the diner for breakfast after we left the campsite. After we got there and our food was served to us, Sawyer said, "So... About last night..."

       "You're making it sound like we slept together and you regret it and you're trying to find a way to let me down easily."

       Sawyer sighed. "Can you ever take anything seriously?"

       "Sorry," I said. "I'll be serious. So what about last night? A lot of things happened."

       "About what I told you when it was only me and you at the campsite," Sawyer said. "About... me wanting to get back into showjumping."

       "Right," I said. "Do you still want to?"

       Sawyer hesitated before nodding. "I still don't want anyone else to know about it because they'll only pressure me a lot so... Do you still have an idea about how I can attempt it again without anyone seeing me?"

       "I do," I said. "Awe, those are the words we'll be saying on our wedding day. Wait, sorry, serious mode. Yes, I still have an idea. I won't tell you yet because I want to surprise you. And it might not work. But I'm positive it will."

       After we finished eating, we went back home. I told Sawyer I was going to get started on my idea and that he would have to just wait until I got him.

       And that it could take a while, depending on the supplies I would be able to find.

       I dropped off my bags in my bedroom before heading to the stables, walking over to Paint's stall. When he saw me, he whinnied happily. I smiled as I rubbed his neck. "Hi," I said. "Want to go on the trail to set something up for my amazing boyfriend?"

       Paint whinnied happily again so I took him out of his stall and prepped him for riding. When he was all ready, I got on him and lead him to the trail.

       I knew the perfect spot to help Sawyer get back into showjumping.

       Not too far down the trail was an open area, almost as big as the training course that was set up back at the farm.

       I hopped off of Paint, looking around for stuff I could use to make Sawyer a training course. Of course, it wasn't going to be a proper one. Just one that helped him get back into jumping.