Chapter 26: To Be Or Not To Be... Haunted. Seriously, Get Me Out Of Here.

       I wish Sawyer told me that this forest was haunted before whisking me away here because I knew this whole camping trip, I was going to be paranoid. Every small sound I was going to hear, I'd probably immediately assume it was a ghost.

       Then again, even if Sawyer did tell me beforehand, he could easily convince me to come along if he told me we would sneak off someone to make out since I was a huge horn dog.

       Sawyer still better keep his promise about us sneaking off somewhere to make out or I was going to walk all the way home, even if it was two in the morning.

       Or I could just hijack Sawyer's truck.

       Apparently, the forest was a lot more haunted than I thought because the Birches only brought one huge tent, claiming that it would be safer for all of us to be together.

       Once Vincent told me that it would be safer for us to stay together when I questioned the one tent, I immediately thought of a very good innuendo but to be considerate, I tried my best to hold it in.

       Sawyer immediately sighed. "Whatever you're thinking of, don't say it, Jamie."

       "I'm not," I said. "I swear. I'm going to be a good boy and refrain myself throughout this whole camping trip."

       "Sure you will," Sawyer said sarcastically, clearly doubting my ability to refrain myself from saying my endless amount of innuendos.

       I mean, he wasn't wrong to doubt me because eventually, I was going to slip up and say something nobody else wanted to hear.

       I should apologize to them in advance but that was too much work.

       "So what exactly makes this forest haunted?" I asked as the six of us set up the tent, since it was going to take a few people because of how big it was. "You know, apart from seeing shadows or hearing random noises?"

       "You really want me to tell you?" Sawyer asked. "Because as soon as I brought up those two things, you told me to take you home."

       "I mean, I'd rather have you take me to bed."

       Sawyer gave me a flat look. "Whatever happened to you refraining from the rest of the camping trip?"

       "I couldn't help myself," I said. "You're just so..."

       "Jamie, you do know that there are other people here, right?" Vincent asked.

       I gasped dramatically. "Oh my goodness, when did the four of you get here? I thought it was just me and Sawyer, despite me talking to you earlier to ask why we have only one tent for the six of us."

       "Don't even bother telling him not to talk like that," Sawyer told his brother. "He's hopeless."

       "It's true, I am," I agreed. "So I guess I should take the time to apologize in advance for anything I might say about Sawyer."

       "Don't apologize," Posie said. "I admire you're bravery to talk like that around people."

       "Why, thank you, Posie," I said before looking at Erica. "How come you never introduced me to her earlier? You've already met my boyfriend."

       "Your boyfriend is my brother, dumbass," Erica said.

       "Sawyer, Erica is being mean to me," I said.