Chapter 34: Tough Decisions Can Always Be Settled With the Frickle Frackles

       Sawyer has been quiet. A bit too quiet. Sure, I have been a bit annoying while we were at the cabin, but normally Sawyer can handle my annoyingness.

       He was baking something in the kitchen right now and I was deciding what I could do to get his attention. I could always bug him but I've done that too much.

       Who was I kidding? I could never bug him too much.

       I walked over to the kitchen and sat down on one of the counters as Sawyer continued to bake what I was guessing was blueberry pie. "Wanna bang?" I asked.

       "I'm busy," Sawyer said, not even looking in my direction.

       I glared at him suspiciously. Of course, he never agreed to it when I asked in a joking way, but he also never just avoided my eye contact.

       "What's up with you?" I asked.

       "What?" Sawyer asked. "Nothing. Nothing's wrong. I'm just baking right now."

       "Something's clearly wrong, Sawyer," I said. "You're not even looking at me."

       Sawyer looked at me before going back to baking. "There, happy?"

       "That just made things worse," I said. "Did I do something wrong? Am I too annoying? Are you going to break up with me?"

       Sawyer stopped again and looked over at me. "Jamie, no. I wouldn't bring you here just to break up with you. That would be a very cruel thing to do."

       "Okay, so... Why do I feel like something's wrong?"

       "Nothing's wrong. I promise. I just..." Sawyer sighed. "I'll tell you later."

       "Tell me what?" I asked.

       "Something."

       "Well, that certainly narrows things down."

       Sawyer placed the pie into the oven and put the timer on. "I will tell you what's going on later. I promise. It just... want to hold it off for now."

       "Okay," I said, hopping off of the counter. I wasn't going to push Sawyer to tell me whatever was going on if he didn't want to write now.

       I was going to, however, still be a pest to him.

       "So want to bang while we're waiting for the pie to finish baking?" I asked.

       Sawyer, finally, let out a chuckle. "Not the best idea to be occupied when something is baking in the oven."

       I sighed. "But I am seriously sex deprived. And I'm a virgin. Do you know how hard it is to be a sex deprived virgin?"

       Sawyer furrowed his eyebrows. "You're... a virgin?"

       "Why do you sound surprised?" I asked.

       "Because you're always talking about sex and how you want us to bang? And let's not forgot you're endless amount of innuendos."

       "Yes, because I'm a horny teenager."

       "That, I already know."

       "So... bang time?"

       Sawyer sighed. "Jamie, I already told you that it's best not to when something is in the oven."

       "Ooh, here's a solution," I said. "Let's take the pie out of the oven, have sex, and then put the pie back in the oven."