37

2 beatings by 2 different families, I was feeling awesome mate. Nope a bitch was dying on the dirty soil where one of the men probably peed before they left.

My eye began to puff up and searing pain shot through my ribs everytime I took even the smallest of breaths.

I leaned against the tree trunk behind me and sighed in despair and confusion, they should have taken me. If they all wanted me why didn't they take me? You know what I mean.

My next troubling thought was about what the second set of men mumbled whilst beating me.

" this will show him" instantly I knew they were talking about Andrei, just remembering him at that moment made my heart go weak. I shouldn't have been feeling that way, I could damn well protect myself......well I could.

I saw three different cars and every group of men that came after me were in groups of 5, that ultimately meant I had 1 last group to deal with .

Did I have it in me, not at all.

I hated the fact that my mind started to wander to Andrei again and again because of what he did to me.

Why did a part of me want him to save me, I couldn't let him save me though. I said boldly that I can protect myself and I hate going back on my words.

The ground was getting awfully uncomfortable but I didn't have it in me to stand up, didn't stop me from trying though. Pushing my body up against the hard wood of the tree I dug my injured legs into the soil, every part of my body burning from the brutal attack.

" come on dumbass" I mumbled encouragingly, my body shaking as it struggled to even move an inch. Before I could try another method to get up a low growl froze me in my spot. The first thought running through my head was, WOLF?!.

I slowly lifted my gaze towards the noise, my heart beat beating a million miles an hour. It wasn't a wolf, in fact it was much worse.

Andrei.

He stood a few metres away from me in a grey three piece suit, his arms crossed adding to his angered persona. The emotionless yet tired look on his face caused some unwanted feelings to float through my body.

Without a word Andrei stalked towards me, the look on his sharp features getting more prominent. He stopped right in front of me and bent to my level.

The next thing I knew he had my body in his arms bridal style. I couldn't even protest as my body failed to work, and for some weird reason I couldn't speak either. His presence made me feel weak and vulnerable

A part of me didn't want to say anything, being in his arms seemed to make me feel good again, like the pain was never inflicted.

Looking up at his face I analysed it, his jawline was clenched to a point of breaking, his beard was still groomed but it looked like he hadn't trimmed it. It was the roughest I'd ever seen him look.

That's probably what scared me the most.

With no words exchanged Andrei walked through the woods as if he'd been there a million and one times. We got to his car in a matter of minutes.

I don't know when we reached but Andrei had me back in his arms and he was stalking towards the mansion in front of us, from the outside it looked to be old yet modern.

The giant french windows has the modern look whereas the mossy tree attached to the walls give it an older vibe.

Once we got inside I couldn't help but smile at the place, the inside was all modern, like it was just pulled out of a magazine.

" Storm look at me" I was too busy thinking to even realise he had put me down, my eyes raked over my surroundings to gather an answer, bathroom.

Andrei had placed me on top of the counter whilst he stood just between my parted legs looking into my eyes.

My eyes made it up to his
" you didn't need me huh" he mumbled before grabbing the first aid kit from beside me.

I didn't need him, I could have survived by myself. But could dad have, was I being selfish just thinking about me and not dad?

Nothing but ragged breaths came out of my mouth.

"Storm look at me" it's like all hell broke loose, instead of his voice being hard it was gentle, as if talking to a piece of broken glass. I was broken.

It came to a point where I couldn't control myself anymore. Dropping my head on his shoulder I began to shake with sobs.

By his posture I could tell he was shocked, I would have never done this before. His arms wrapped around me as he adjusted.

" baby talk to me, did they....." I knew what question he was going to ask.

Nodding no on his shoulder I felt his body loosen slightly from relief.

" tell me what happened"

" I can't do this.....anymore. I need help" I mumbled in between sobs, the amount of raw emotion coming through my words was a shock, even for me.

He began stroking my hair gently. " repeat that" 

" I need you!"

Not even a second layer he pulled away, Andrei stared into my eyes, his brown ones slowly melting into mines

"come here habibti" his lips gently descended upon mine, I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a certain type of way as soon as he began kissing me passionately.

Andrei grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me unbelievably close.