Prinxiety Angst-Part 1

"I don't really care, you can keep the things we used to share

"But what did you do with my heart," I heard someone sing. His voice was beautiful and melodic and my heart fluttered. I stayed like that, back against the wall, listening to him sing for around half an hour. When he finished, I prayed that he would sing more. To my delight, he did.

It was soothing hearing him sing. I didn't know which side it was, but his voice was beautiful, and combined with the ukulele, it sounded like an angel. It helped calm me down from recent events...

~earlier~

I knocked on Virgil's door. He opened it, looking disgruntled.

"What is it, Roman." He asked, annoyed.

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out!" I smiled at him.

"Not right now." He was going to shut the door in my face, but I stopped him.

"Come on! You're always in your room doing who knows what! I rarely see you!"

"I said not now. I'm not in the mood."

"Then when?" I crossed my arms.

"Maybe later."

"But I want to cuddle now!"

"I said later!" He started to yell.

I flinched. "Why can't you just love me back?" I asked, hurt. "I'm always trying to make you happy, to make you laugh, to show you affection like couples normally do, but you push me away! How am I supposed to love you if you don't let me?"

"Don't you see that I'm trying?"

"No! I don't!"

"Well, I am."

"YOU NEVER HAVE TIME FOR ME!" I yelled suddenly, tears starting to fall down my face. "COUPLES ARE SUPPOSED TO HANG OUT! TO BOND! TO BE WITH EACH OTHER!"

"WELL I'M SORRY THAT I DON'T CATER TO YOUR ROMANTIC NEEDS!" Virgil retorted, sobbing loudly. "YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW! I DON'T DO THAT! I DON'T GO OUT OF MY ROOM MUCH! THAT'S HOW I AM! YOU CAN'T FIX ME, SO STOP TRYING!"

"I WILL!" I was fed up with all of our feuds. We fought over the same exact thing every time, and I had enough. If he's not willing to cooperate, then he can leave me be.

He looked hurt. "Roman... wait..." He outstretched an arm to me, but I flinched away.

"Don't," I said coldly. "I'm done." I turned and ran to my room. I ran from Virgil, from the mess I made, from the things I didn't want to face.

I slammed the door behind me and crumpled down on my bed. I had actually done it... I hated myself for it. That wasn't the way to fix the problem... but I couldn't go back now. He probably didn't want me anymore.

I should've thought before I spoke. I should've reigned myself in. I shouldn't have done what I did.