Fields and Flowers~More Prinxiety (i need to do some logicality)

//human AU//

Roman walked through the fields, letting the tall, soft grass graze his fingertips. The flower bloomed around him. Oh, how he loved spring. The most beautiful season of them all. Sure, the weather was out of whack, but it was such a lovely time. The grass was greener than ever and the trees were full. Colorful flowers bloomed at every corner.

Spring was beautiful. Moody, everchanging, but still beautiful.

He found a small clearing a few feet away from him and decided to settle down there. He pulled out his small notebook that he carried around everywhere and started to write.

"The bees are buzzing happily

And the trees are full

The grass is green

And the flowers almost as beautiful as an angel.

I'd like to skip through the fields and the flowers

With the one man I love

But he doesn't feel the same way

I'm sure, all the signs point to the above.

It isn't fair

But there's nothing I can do

To make the one I feel for

Fall in love with me, too."

When he closed the book and looked up, he realized Virgil was sitting next to him, staring out at the setting sun. His purple and green eyes glinted under the light, and his hair was rustled by the wind. "Hey," he said, without looking at Roman.

Roman smiled slightly. "Hello. Why are you here?"

Virgil shrugged. "I like coming here. It's calming, helps me cool down when I'm mad or something."

He sighed and turned his gaze to the setting sun as well. "It's so pretty here..." he mumbled. Virgil didn't seem hear him.

"Why do you come here?" He asked Roman.

Roman shrugged. "To calm down. To write, whether it's poetry or something else. To paint. Really, anything artistic or therapeutic."

Virgil nodded. "Is that what you were doing right now? Writing poetry?"

"Mhm."

"Can I see?"

Roman shook his head. "Sorry, I don't really..." He looked over at Virgil, who was staring at him pleadingly. He sighed. "Fine." He handed Virgil the notebook.

Virgil flipped to the latest page and read the poem. When he finished, he looked up at Roman.

Roman sighed. "Sorry, it was really bad, it was a kinda in the-"

"Is there more in here?"

His brows furrowed. "Uhm... yeah... why...?"

"That was good. I want to read more."

'Okay, then... I guess letting him read more can't hurt... it's not like I put his name in there...' He thought to himself. "Alright. Then read more."

Virgil smiled slightly and flipped to the first page. He read the first poem. And the next. And the next and then next. After around fifteen minutes, he got to the latest one, and closed the book. He handed it back to Roman.

Roman took it, his heart racing. He regretted doing that. Letting someone read your poetry is like letting them see you naked. You have no defense, nothing to cover yourself. All your walls are down, and they can enter your castle and do whatever they want, whether it's good or bad.

"Who were all the love poems about?"

Roman went bright red. Such a simple question, such a curious one, yet somehow so hard to answer. "Uhm..."

"Tell me, I need to know."

He looked at Virgil. "Why do you need to know?"

Virgil shrugged. "I'm curious, and if I don't find out, the curiosity will eat away at me."

He sighed in defeat. 'I can't believe I'm about to do this...'

"They were about you," he mumbled.

"Huh?" Virgil hadn't heard him.

"They were about you," he repeated, a bit louder

Virgil's face went so red, even his pale foundation couldn't hide it. "I... what...?"

Roman just rubbed the back of his neck and stared down at the floor.

"They... they were...?"

"I mean, yeah. Who else would it be?"

"I... I don't know... I just... i never thought..."

"Yeah, I know, I act like I hate you... I'm really sorry... I just... it makes it seem like I like you less... makes it easier to hide how I really feel about you..."

Virgil kissed him on the cheek. "I feel the same way..." he mumbled, his face scarlet.

Roman looked up, surprise in his eyes. "Wait... you don't.. hate me...? For being such an asshole...?"

Virgil chuckled a bit. "I mean, yeah, you're sorta an asshole, but I can't help it. It's just... something about you... I don't know what it is, but there's something. Who knew such a dense prince could somehow be slightly charming?" He shoved Roman with his shoulder slightly.

Roman smiled a little. "Who knew?" He agreed, giggling. He wrapped an arm around Virgil's waist and pulled him closer. Virgil responded by curling up into Roman's embrace.

They sat there in silence. But for once, it was comfortable silence.