Flower Shop/Tattoo Parlor AU-Logicality-Pt. 1

Patton was at work, watering the plants when he spotted the guy from the tattoo shop walk in.

Patton has had a recent interest in this person. He worked on tattoos with such focus that it was cute to watch, and the tattoos always came out looking amazing.

He decided to try to get to know this person better. It was his mission.

The only thing he knew about the customer was that he worked in the tattoo shop next door. That was it.

Patton walked up to the guy. "Hello! Can I help you?" He asked sweetly.

He looked up. "Uh, yes, actually. I'd like to give someone a bouquet of flowers that means 'I love you' but I don't know how to do that, so...."

"Oh, I can help with that! You could do a combination of red tulips, red roses, purple baby's breath, and alstroemerias. All those flowers symbolize love," he explained.

The customer nodded. "Then I'll take three of each flower you named."

"Alrighty then! I'll be right back." Patton went off and picked up three of each flower he had listed, humming to himself. He wondered who the customer was planning on giving the bouquet to...

When Patton came back, the customer laughed nervously. "I just realized I didn't properly introduce myself. My name's Logan. And you are...?"

"I'm Patton. Nice to meet you!" He smiled.

Logan smiled back, and Patton's heart did a loop.

He handed him the bouquet and walked over to the cash register, trying to ignore his thumping heart.

He rang Logan up. "Would you like to add a note?" He asked.

"Uh, yes please."

Patton slid over a card and a pen, and Logan started writing. When he was done, he folded it up and gave it back to Patton.

He put the pen back in place and tied the note onto the ribbon that was holding the bouquet together.

"That'll be $10.67."

Logan took out a 10 and a 1 and handed the money to Patton.

He gave the change back, and Logan dropped it into the tip jar.

~the next morning~

Patton walked into the flower shop, humming to himself. He had just gone to the closeby coffee shop and gotten himself some hot chocolate and a cupcake.

He was surprised when he was handed a bouquet of flowers by Virgil, his coworker.

"That guy from the tattoo shop stopped by you came and said that this was for you," he said. "You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend!"

Patton went bright red. "What-? I-uh-i don't-!"

"Then why did that guy that you're always staring at just come by and drop off a bouquet of flowers that means 'I love you' for you?"

He took the bouquet. "I dunno..." he mumbled, his face still scarlet. He went to the back and opened the note.

Hey.

I know we only just formally met, but I've seen you working at the flower shop for some time now and have been meaning to introduce myself. I've just been too nervous.

I was wondering, would you like to go out sometime?

-Logan

Patton let out a squeal.

Virgil popped his head in. "What? Is everything okay back here?"

"Oh, uh, yes, it's perfectly fine-!"

"Okay..." Virgil went back to work.

Patton twirled around, holding the flowers and the note to his chest. He giggled quietly, his cheeks flushed pink.

On his break, he skipped over to the tattoo parlor, more bounce to his step than usual. He sat down on the bench and waited.

Suddenly, someone sat down next to him, startling him half to death. "Hello."

He looked at the boy and grinned. "Hi! I-uh-you're the one who left me the bouquet of flowers... right?"

The boy-Logan?-blushed lightly. "Yes, that was me."

Patton's grin widened. "Well, I'd love to go out with you!" He giggled. "That was real sweet of you, to leave the flowers and the note. I thought it was adorable."

Logan's blush brightened. "Well-Uh-"

He giggled more. "You really don't know how to deal with romantic situations, do you?"

Logan shook his head, and Patton shoved him gently with his shoulder. Not like he could hurt anyone much if he tried.

"Don't worry. You'll get the hang of it. Does tomorrow night sound good to you? There's this really good, fancy restaurant I like going to with my friend sometimes. I think you'd enjoy it!"

Logan smiled slightly, his blush receding a bit. "That sounds great. Meet me in front of the tattoo shop?"

He jumped up from the bench. "Mhm! See you!" He waved at him happily before disappearing back into the flower shop, leaving Logan dazed on the bench.

Dazed, and very much in love.