The Poems Of A Prince-Prinxiety

//tw: death

Virgil walked into Romans room. Patton had convinced him to go inside. It had taken him two weeks.

Two weeks since Romans death.

And he hadn't even been able to tell him how he felt.

Patton stood at the doorway as Virgil stepped in, staring at him sadly.

Virgil looked around, tears filling his eyes. He turned to Patton. "Could I have some time alone...? Please...?"

"Of course, kiddo." Patton left, closing the door behind him.

Virgil sighed and looked around again. Roman's bed was a mess. Crumpled papers were in a pile on his desk. Pens littered the floor and notes were everywhere. His heart hurt to see that Roman lived like this. His Roman, the one he thought was so collected and neat, was actually a mess.

He walked over to Romans desk and sifted through some papers. He saw a poem that caught his eye and read it.

"His skin like snow

And eyes like the sun

His hair as black as crow

Make me feel like he's the one

But he hates me

It's obvious to see

We're not meant to be

I want him

And I can't explain why

But I love him so much

Sometimes it makes me cry.

Because he'll never feel the same.

I can guarantee.

For who wants to date

A stupid prince like me?"

Virgil burst into tears. "Oh my god... I should've told him... I should've..." He clutched the paper to his chest and crumpled to his knees as his heart sank.

Roman was gone.

For good.

He felt the thoughts of that shatter his world. His heart broke and he felt like he could never be whole again.

Sure, he pretended he hated Princey. Because why the hell would creativity and anxiety get along? It just doesn't make sense. Of course, he never actually hated Roman.

He loved him.

But he never said anything.

He was broken and bruised. Roman wouldn't come back... that's it... it really was the end...

Out of nowhere, a random hand landed on his shoulder, startling him. He looked up into a familiar face.

Virgil jumped to his feet and backed into the desk as he stared at Roman. His eyes were wide and his heart was pounding. He could feel it about to jump out of his chest.

Roman smiled a bit and stepped closer to Virgil, making Virgil's heart beat even faster.

Patton and Logan were in the doorway. Patton was staring at them, misty eyed, and Logan held him close.

"Virgil... it's me..."

Virgil burst into tears and launched himself into Romans arms. He didn't know what he was feeling. Was he sad? Happy? Mad?

"I thought you were dead-! I saw-! But-!" He sobbed harder.

Roman held him close. "I'm Thomas's creativity and ego. I could never die."

Virgil shook his head and clutched onto him. "I hated myself.... for letting you die... and never telling you..."

"Telling me what...?"

Virgil pulled away from the hug and handed him the poem, sniffling. "I read it. And I thought to myself, 'Oh my god, I made him believe I hated him... I'm such an idiot...'"

Roman stared down at the poem.

"What I'm trying to get at here is that-I-I love you-"

He looked up at Virgil, his eyes unbelieving. "You're kidding."

He shook his head, his heart starting to pound even harder. Who knew it could go even faster?

Roman stared at him for a few more moments. "....you're not lying...?"

He shook his head again.

Roman smiled a bit. But that small smile was enough to make Virgil feel like he was on Cloud 9.

Roman wrapped his arms around Virgil's waist and Virgil wrapped his arms around Romans neck.

"I missed you," Virgil whispered, tearing up. "I thought you were gone... done for... I couldn't live with myself..."

Roman gazed at him sadly. "I'm so sorry I did that to you... I thought you would be better off without me..."

Virgil kissed him passionately, holding him close. Romans eyes widened in surprise, but within five seconds he closed them and kissed back. He cupped Virgil's cheeks and deepened the kiss.

Virgil's hands traveled down Romans chest and wrapped themselves around his waist, pulling him as close as possible. Roman smiled into the kiss.

He pulled away after a minute. They were both panting softly.

Roman smiled at him. "I've been waiting so long to do that..." he mumbled.

Virgil smiled back. "Same here. I'm so glad you're back, Roman."