Movie Night-Prinxiety Fluff

//yes finally some fluff!

I sat next to him, keeping my distance. Patton had suggested us having movie nights, just the two of us, to "make our friendship better". I didn't see why. It just seemed like torture to me. But Patton insisted, so we gave in.

Today was the second one, and it had been Romans turn to pick a movie. Obviously, he had picked a Disney movie. He chose Tangled, one of my favorites. But I didn't want him to know that. See, if I was alone, I would've sang along or something. But I was around Roman, so I tried to keep my mouth shut.

I had succeeded for most of the part, but I had gotten so caught up in the movie and forgotten that Roman was there. "I see the light" came on, and I had my eyes closed, head against the wall. To me, I was alone, in my room. I wasn't around anyone. And I started to sing.

"All those days, watching from the windows.

All those years, outside, looking in.

All that time, never even knowing just how blind I've been.

Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight.

Now I'm here, suddenly, I see.

Standing here, it's all so clear, I'm where I'm meant to be.

And at last I see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted.

And at last I see the light, and it's like the sky is new.

And it's warm and real and bright, and the world has somehow shifted.

All at once, everything looks different.

Now that I see you." I opened my eyes, smiling softly. I felt someone staring at me, and I turned my head. I saw Roman, gaping at me.

I scrambled out of the bed. "Oh my god-I didn't just-oh my god-I need to go-" I turned and fled before he could make any remark about how off tune I was or how much my voice sucks.

I ran into my room and locked the door and slid down the back of it, unable to hold the shame back. I started breathing heavily, feeling like the walls were closing in on me. I tried the breathing technique, but for once, it didn't work. I held my head in my hands, breathing shallowly. 'He heard me sing. He fucking heard me sing. YOU FUCKING SANG IN FRONT OF ROMAN, YOU MORON!' I thought to myself.

A knock on the door startled me. I still felt like the walls were closing in on me, but I stood shakily and opened the door, not giving a second thought to who could be behind it. It was Roman.

I sniffled and wiped my eyes, which were apparently wet with tears I didn't know I had shed. "I know. My voice sucks. I don't even know why-"

"What?"

"My voice. I fucking sang, Roman. I sang. I never sing. Not in front of you guys. And especially not in front of you. Yet here I am. Having sang along to fucking tangled, of all movies! With a super high pitched song that I could never pull off!"

His brows furrowed. "You thought I was here to say that your singing was bad?"

I nodded.

"Well... you know, not everything about you is horrible.... I don't completely hate you...." he mumbled.

I snorted. "I find that hard to believe."

"Well, it's true."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"It is!"

I waited.

"Would you like me to list the things I don't hate about you?"

I nodded.

"Alright. First of all, I guess you aren't as insufferable as Logan. Second of all, you're kinda cute. Third of all, I've heard you sing before, but quietly and I never heard clearly, and today I did, and it was even better than what I had heard-"

"YOU'VE HEARD ME SING BEFORE???!!!!" I yelled suddenly.

He looked take aback. "I-uh-Yes-?"

I blinked twice. "You're kidding," I said, my voice returned to its normal volume.

"No... I'm serious..."

"Oh my god."

"I'm sorry it's just your room is right next to mine and when you're like playing your ukulele and singing waving through a window it's just so beautiful and it helps me think and I can't help but listen to it and-I've said too much-"

My face went red. "You-it-what-?"

He hid his face in his hands. "I'm sorry, I sound like a stalker. I should go-" He turned to leave.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him into my room, closing the door and locking it. He looked up and me. "What-?"

"You can't just leave after saying something like that!" I exclaimed.

"Why not?"

"Because I think even you'd be a little taken aback if you learned that your crush has heard you-Wait-no-that-i shouldn't have said that-oh my god-" I put my head in my hands.

"Virgil?"

"What?!"

"Did you just say... that you have a crush on me?"

I nodded slowly. "Did you not hear, you moron?"

"I-I just didn't know if I had heard you correctly-"

"Yeah, big surprise, I have a crush on you. Who doesn't?!"

"I don't know, I just didn't expect you to like me..."

"Why not?"

"Because you act like you hate me-"

"You act the same way toward me."

"-and it's hard to believe that your crush likes you back."

I halted. "Excuse me?"

"Virgil, I like you back."

I stared at him. "You're joking."

He shook his head.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "You're not kidding?"

He shook his head again.

"Oh my god-"

Suddenly, he stood. He took a couple steps towards me, and for each step he took forward, I took one back, trying to keep the distance between us safe. But eventually I ran into the door and couldn't back away any more. Roman came closer, and, against my better judgement, I didn't protest.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I shuddered. He let go, probably taking my shivering as a sign that I didn't like what he was doing. He took a couple steps back, but before he could get back to my bed, I launched myself into his arms. He stumbled back, the sudden weight of me probably overwhelming.

He rubbed my back comfortingly as I cried into his shoulder. "I'm sorry for crying-" sniffle "-But I was so scared that you would hate me-" sniffle "-and now that you don't-" sniffle "-I'm just really happy."

"Shhhh. It's alright. I understand," he whispered into my ear. I calmed down a little and looked up at him. He held my gaze, no spite or mocking look left in his eyes. Just pure love. I smiled softly

It felt nice to be loved back.

He leaned forward, but paused right before our lips collided. He gave me time to pull away. Instead, I closed the space between us and kissed him softly.

He kissed back. I smiled into the kiss and pulled him closer as he cupped my cheeks.

I pulled away, panting slightly from the inability to breath for a little while. "I love you, Roman," I whispered.

"I love you too, Virgil." He kissed me again.

I kissed back. 'This is gonna be a good year,' I thought to myself. 'A good year. 'Cause you got Roman. And he'll help you.'

Roman never failed to deliver.