The Accidental Duchess

Name: The Accidental Duchess

Author: littleLo

Genre: Historical fiction/ romance

Status: completed

Elizabeth 'Bess' Jones was perfectly content living on her lonesome. She lived in a tiny village in Derbyshire which suited her just fine until HE walked into her life. The one man who changed her life forever. Emmett Wilde had always run from responsibility. Never had he wanted to embrace the traditions that his titled family upheld. Instead, he spent his days drinking, gambling and bedding women, that is until he came across the skinny, sharp tongued Bess. Caught in a compromising situation, Bess and Emmett are forced to marry, with Emmett promising to forge a death certificate just as soon as he returns to his home in the north of Derbyshire.

When he gets home, however, he learns that his father, the Duke of Ascot, has died and that he is now the Duke. And he has a wife he can no longer deny.

My option:

This book was a slightly different genre to me since it is a romance which takes place in the historical period. It was interesting to read this sort of historical romance. The author has done a lot of research regarding the lifestyle of people and has brought out that essence very well in this book. I loved reading those little facts of how they lived and dressed and their language style. To put it simply all the books of this author are interesting.

Happy reading!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Vote if you have already read this story

Comment if you want to share your views about this book

Eagerly waiting to hear from you guys

Show your support fellow wattpaders!!!!!