Chapter 8

Hope you like it!

"I know that you're a guy."

"Huh?" Skylar calmed himself down. "I don't know what you're talking about, Max," he said, acting completely oblivious. Max shook his head with a smirk.

"Drop the act. I did a whole background check on you before you came here."

"Goddammit."

"Listen," Max spoke up. "I'm not against my son being in a gay relationship, but I'm not comfortable with it yet. I just need some time to get used to it."

"And it would look good for the company," Max thought. "Then the buyers would think that we're all in for gay rights or we can still cover it up and say that Skylar is a girl." He smirked. 

Skylar's mind jumped to many conclusions when he saw that smug smirk. His fingers grazed the pocket knife that he hid in one of his stockings. "Why are you smirking?" Skylar asked. 

Max pressed his lips in a thin line as he saw his cold eyes staring him down. "It's nothing," Max smiled nervously. "Why are you even wearing a dress?"

"To keep it short, my mom wanted a girl and now I'm stuck with this," Skylar replied, motioning to the dress. "And I don't need your pity," he commented when he saw Max's face. 

Max cleared his throat and smiled. "Let's go back." They walked back to one of the dining rooms and Ashton looked concerned when he saw Skylar. Skylar just smiled to brush it off. He sat back down next to Ashton.

"What happened?" Ashton whispered.

"Your dad knows that I'm not a girl," he shrugged. Ashton slammed his hands in the table and abruptly stood up.

"REALLY? HOW?" Nina shushed him and Max rolled his eyes.

"Of course I know. What kind of question is that?" Ashton was still confused. "Background check? Ever heard of that?" 

Ashton's mouth turned into an 'O' and he sat back down, taking a bite of his cake. "Everything, for nothing," he mumbled. Skylar intertwined his small hand with Ashton's. Ashton frowned a little when he saw, but he smiled when he saw Skylar's shy smile.

An hour later

"It's still amazing how big your room is." Skylar ran to the bed and jumped on it. 

Ashton threw Skylar's bag next to him on the bed. "Do you want to shower first?" Ashton asked. Skylar raised his head. "So you can get rid of that." He motioned to the dress and makeup.

"Sure. Can you help me with the zipper?" Skylar stood up and turned around. He held his hair up as Ashton unzipped it.

"Your hair's getting long again," he said, playing with a few loose strands.

"I know," Skylar sighed. "I really wish that I could pull that stunt again, but my mom's looking for another good hairdresser. And I don't want her to get mad again." He cringed at the memory. He took off the dress and tossed it on the ground. 

"Curse that dress," he muttered, taking off his heels. "And those stupid, painful heels." Skylar furrowed his eyebrows and turned to Ashton who was still standing in the same spot. "What? Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, it's nothing," he whispered and cleared his throat. "Go and shower if you're ready to." Skylar grabbed his bag and walked to the bathroom, forgetting that he was in his underwear and stockings.

15 minutes later

"Finally fucking done!" Skylar yelled dropping the bag. "Makeup really is a pain. You don't even have makeup wipes. But I understand like you don't even wear makeup, but still-" He stopped talking when he saw Ashton with makeup wipes.