Chapter 24

Hope you like it!

"Let's make a deal, sweetheart," Lex announced. They were standing 5 meters from each other, face-to-face in an abandoned building with Roy and one of Lex's men at the sidelines.

Skylar felt uneasy but didn't show it to them. "Why should I make a deal with you?"

"You can get something out of it if you win," Lex smiled. "What do you think of this? If you win, you can kill me. But if I win, you'll be my wife."

Skylar glanced at Roy and he nodded stiffly. "Okay, fine. It's a deal." After a few seconds of staring at each other, Skylar slowly walked up to Lex.

"Oh, I see that you're approaching me. Instead of being scared of losing, you're coming right at me?" Lex chuckled.

"I can't fucking kill you without getting closer," Skylar replied with a cold glare.

"Oh ho, then come as close as you like." When they were 1 meter from each other, Skylar ran up to Lex, grabbed the pocket knife with his left hand and swung it at Lex. Lex's eyes widened and he backed away. The tip of the knife grazed Lex's neck and a small amount of blood seeped from the wound.

"Tch." Skylar flipped his knife and he aimed for his throat again. Lex grabbed Skylar's wrist as Skylar tried to punch him. Lex caught his fist and lowered them.

"Who said that you could use knives?" Lex questioned as he cocked his head to the side.

"No one said that we couldn't use knives," Skylar replied with a small smirk. He lifted his leg and kicked him in his ribcage. His smirk widened as he heard a low sound of Lex's ribs cracking. Lex's grip loosened on his hands and Skylar threw the knife. Lex was quick enough to move his head to the left. They heard a loud bang from the wall behind Lex.

"That was dirty," Lex smiled as his left eye twitched a little.

"I have to play dirty sometimes. I'm an assassin after all." Lex tried to hit him with a left hook, but Skylar managed to cover his face with his right arm before Lex's fist connected to his face. Skylar steadied himself and glared at him as he felt the place that Lex hit him throbbing. Skylar used his left arm to punch him as Lex landed a kick on his right leg. Lex staggered a bit as Skylar leaned a little on his left leg.

Lex touched his lip. When he looked back at it, he saw that his fingertips were covered in blood. "Oh my. What do we have here?"

"Maybe you don't know, but there isn't so much talking in fights," Skylar said.

"Ah, really? I didn't know."

Roy, who was standing at the sidelines with one of Lex's men, was watching them with full attention.

"There's only like 80 percent of Skylar winning this, considering the state that Skylar is in right now. Maybe didn't Lex notice it, but Skylar is so fucking scared of him." Roy covered his eyes with his hand and sighed. "Why did that idiot son of mine challenge him? I could've sniped him from the place that I was standing." Roy shook his head. "But of course he wants to end Lex himself. He's always being stubborn. I pray for Ashton."

Meanwhile

Ashton, who was watching Jumin and Parker play, sneezed loudly and wiped his nose.

"You need a tissue?" Parker asked, his eyes fixated on the screen.

"No, it's fine," Ashton replied back. "I wonder who could be talking about me," he thought.

Roy chuckled when he saw Skylar forcing Lex back with an uppercut. "That's gonna be Ashton's problem for now on." Roy glanced at his watch. "Oliver should be here soon."