work.

sage's song in the mm.

Olive

Olive

I sat in Sage's bed, eating peaches and sketching as I listened to one my favorite songs by him.

"Babygirl, I know this ain't, the ideal thing for me to say, but I think I need some space. Cause you crowding me, suffocating me. I might have to let you go, for my health, for my brain, for my sanity cause my peace is at stake, I can't take, no more scrutiny. No. I can't take, no more scrutiny from you." I sang along as I smiled, eating my peaches.

It was only 9am but Sage woke me up earlier so that we could eat breakfast together before he left. Now I couldn't go back to sleep so I took the time to complete my hygiene and skin care routine. I knew he wouldn't be back until around 3 so I took the time to sketch and busy myself.

I replayed the song as I began to drag my pencil across the page, letting his music take over my mind.

Days like this were pretty much everyday, we rarely got to see each other but when I played his music and heard his voice, it made it all better for me.

Stopping my music, my phone began to ring and I sighed, not moving an inch. I thought against answering it before I decided that it might be important.

Stretching towards the other side of his huge bed, I grabbed my phone and answered it without even looking at the caller I.D. which I quickly regretted once I heard my manager's voice.

"Hi, Olive. This is your manager, Kelly." She spoke and I rolled my eyes.

"Hi, Kelly." I spoke, matching the tone of her voice.

"Hey, we're short here at the store today and we were wondering if you could come in." She started as I palmed my face.

"We know it's your day off but it will be a short shift. We just need you from 10-2pm." She said and I closed my eyes, shaking my head.

"Can you do it?" She asked as if I had a choice, they were quick to fire people with no hesitation or warning.

"Yeah. Okay. I'll be there." I told her, reluctantly.

"Okay, thanks so much. See you soon, Olive." She spoke excitedly before hanging up.

What I thought was about to be a relaxing day turned into another day of working. I knew I wasn't going to make it there in an hour on the bus so I decided I would just take a $60 dollar Uber.

Sighing to myself, I quickly checked my bank account to make sure I had enough funds for the Uber before I got out of the bed and got myself ready.

Once I was finished getting ready, I put my hair up into a sloppy ponytail and put my shoes on.

I then texted Sage to let him know that I was going to work and that I'd needed him to pick me up once he left the studio. I didn't mind waiting an hour for him instead of catching another $60 dollar Uber back to his house unless I went home but I didn't want to, I wanted my quality time with him.