newly residents

1 week later

1 week later

Dancing around Sage and I's new apartment, I listened to Anywhere by Ambré.

"Can we go nowhere close?" I sang, swaying my hips.

"Somewhere free, somewhere we could be us."

As I danced, I turned the music up louder, embracing my existence and enjoying myself.

After leaving my mother's house, I felt amazing. Everyday waking up felt so free and liberating especially since I was waking up to the love of my life without any restrictions. Of course my mother was upset and blew up my phone but I declined every call and text message. I couldn't forgive her for telling Sage to leave me and I didn't have to. I'd talk to her when I was ready to and that's no time soon.

With that, Sage and I both decided to change our numbers so that our toxic mothers could no longer reach us. We were finally living. Without any rules, restrictions or negative opinions.

"Looking for love, yeah." I sang loudly as I felt hands wrap around my waist.

"Hey, babe." I smiled, turning around in his arms.

"I thought you were going to be out for a while?" I asked.

"I am, I just came back to grab some stuff but I saw you dancing for me so I stayed to watch the show." He bit his lip.

"Ha ha, real funny." I playfully rolled my eyes as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He chuckled as kissed my forehead before letting me go.

"You're going to the studio?"

"Yeah, Mike's out here and we found a space to record in." He explained.

"Can I come?" I asked hopeful.

"If you want to."

"Okay." I smiled excitedly.

*

I watched as Sage stood in the booth recording a new song that he would be dropping tomorrow night.

"I like that." Sage nodded his head as the engineer bobbed his head as well.

"Sounds amazing, bro. I think it's going be a hit." Mike spoke.

"Aight, I'm about to come out the booth. I need to hear it fully."

I watched as Sage walked outside of the booth as his engineer replayed the song from the beginning.

Sage plopped down on the couch beside me as he listened. He'd began to sing along as he pulled me to him, kissing my cheek playfully.

"Yeah, that's the one." Sage told him and the engineer nodded as he began to do what he does to make the song even better.

"You ready to go?" He asked me and I nodded sleepily.

It was currently 9pm and I needed sleep, we'd been here the entire day so I haven't sleep yet.