the beginning of the end.

Olive3 months laterLooking out at the ocean, I sat alone on the cliff in our favorite spot

Olive
3 months later
Looking out at the ocean, I sat alone on the cliff in our favorite spot. The spot where Sage and I would spend the most time before picking up and deciding to leave Scranton. Our favorite spot.

My curly hair blew in the wind as the cool, spring breeze tickled my brown skin. My yellow dress rose up as the fresh air blew it toward me, making me place my hand onto it so that it would stay down.

I was home.

The feeling was amazing and I couldn't do anything but reflect and thank god that this was now my life again but better.

"Olive." I heard my mom's voice, making me turn around.

She stood in the door way of Sage and I's newly built home.

"Food's ready." She smiled deeply.

"Coming." I slowly stood to my feet, holding my protruding belly.

"Be careful." She urged, putting her arms out as if she could catch from where she was standing.

"I got it." I chuckled, getting up slowly.

I was exactly two and half months pregnant today and I already had a little pouch that felt like it was getting bigger and bigger by the second. It drained me daily but I was extremely happy nonetheless.

Finally standing to my feet and making my way over her, she smiled as the sun rays bounced off both her and my melanated skin. Making the both our melanin shine brightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as she simply smiled at me, running a hand throw my hand.

"You're glowing, baby."

A smile crept onto my face as we pulled each other in for a hug. I was still surprised to be back in good graces with her but Sage's well thought out plan obviously worked well.

About three months back, he ended up bringing me back to Scranton in his car and I protested the entire way, telling him that there was no way he was leaving me. I explained to him that I would put up a fight if I had to. By the time we were half way here, he was sick of my foolishness. So he ended up telling me exactly what was going on.

He was sending me back to Scranton to make amends with my mother and to give us a small break away from one another. Plus he had a surprise for me.

This was the surprise. A house for us built in our favorite spot with both of our names on the deed. He was gone for only about week to finalize things with the penthouse. He was keeping it but as a secondary home.

"Thanks, mom." I smiled widely, coming back to reality.

"Come on, let's eat."

Walking into the house, I couldn't help but to admire everything. Though I'd been here two months, it still felt so new and surreal.