Chapter 5

Draco P.O.V
The common room was dark and the couches were all full wide awake Slytherin's. On one couch I saw Blaise, Pansy, and Crabbe chatting with McRoy and Dany (2 other Slytherins in our year). I sighed at the sight of all the chattering. I had been looking for them all day and didn't find one. I was all alone. As soon as they heard me sigh, they spun around quickly and their chatter died. Curiously I walk over and sit on the head of the sofa and sigh again. Blaise smiles at me. He was the only one doing so. Everyone else glared, their eyes pinned on my like darts to a dart board. Our group stayed quiet. Everyone else in the common room were talking away, laughing about who knows what. Pansy gives me a death stare that only makes me jump inside.
"Blaise can I talk to you for a moment?" I say and stand up quickly. He follows behind me trying to keep up with my rushes pace. I only stop when we reach my dormitory door.
"What's up?" He says leaning against the dark brown door. The hallway was narrow and darker then usual. I felt a presents at each end but I knew I was just imagining it.
"Well you know after,"
"After you ran after Granger?" He interrupts. It makes me sound so desperate.
"Whatever you wanna call it. I tried to comfort her and she just freaked out."
"So?"
"So..." my throat swelled. I struggled to speak. We were best mates but I still let weird talking about this, "do u think I'm ever going to find a girl?" I ask. He looks at me and there is a few seconds of silence, before he burst out laughing. I look at me ground.
"You have Pansy!" He says placing his hand on my shrugged shoulder.
"So one who actually likes me and isn't just in it for the pleasure!" He laughs again. It isn't making me feel any better.
"Why do you think your not going to get a girl!?"
"Because! My arm has this hideous tattoo on it that even though Voldemort is gone will never fade enough! Every girl, even the ones in this house just view as a nasty Slytherin and not as a person. And when I am trying to be a nice person they freak out and run." I sigh again. Blaise isn't laughing anymore. His eyes (that I can barely see in the dark) are sincere.
"Where did all this come from? Just last week you were fine sucking on pansy's face!"
"Feelings can change overtime Blaise!" I snap. His eyes grow wide. They glisten in the small light comes my from the very end of the hall.
"Wait a minute. This isn't because of this Granger chick is it? Your not falling for her are you!"
"WHAT NO!" I say and lightly push him away. i feel my checks blush, thank god im in the dark and Blaise cant be me. He stumbles to balance and just nods. I can tell he is still unconvinced but I just roll me eyes. Granger is... granger! I would never like her! I sigh one last time.

Hermione P.O.V
The sky got darker through the trees and the sounds within the forest got louder and louder. I shivered in the cold wind. A crack of the sticks sounded from behind me and made the hairs on my back stand up. I quickly stood up and sprinted out of the forest and onto the field in front of Hagrid's hut. Harry and Ginny had left ages ago I presume. The grass was wet and squishy from the formed mud under it. My shoes got all gross but I wasn't fussed at the moment. Last nights events seemed more and more strange as I thought about it. Why did Ron leave my room seeming happy and accepting? Why did he got to lavender... LAVENDER of all people?! And why was draco trying to comfort me? I thought he hated me. Before I knew it, I was in the castle. It was warm and welcoming. I felt like I was arriving home after being on holidays for weeks. But the neighbours weren't as friendly. People hissed and me and giggles when I walked past, whispering snitchy comments to their friends. I rolled my eyes at a group of 2nd years walking towards the Slytherin common room.
"Isn't past your bedtime?" I hiss and they jump and run off. The corner of my mouth twitched and a smile emerged on my face. What's wrong with me? Bullying little kids? What have I come to?

I walked up the staircase to the Gryffindor common room. No one was there. Strange. On a Saturday night usually kids are running around the joint going nuts from eating to much pudding for dessert. My mouth opens wide and yawn, stretching my arms above my head and swinging them back down by my side. My dormitory was empty as well. Well... except for Ginny Weasley sitting by the windowsill. Her head shot around when she heard the door open. I could barely see her it was so dark. I flick the light switch and Ginny was there in front of me jumping into my arms.
"THERE YOU ARE! I was worried sick!" She screams and pulls me in for a bone crushing hug. I giggle
"Yeah you seemed very worried when you were down at Hagrid's having tea and cake!" I say. She goes pale. Her freckles stand out like they were drawn on with a sharpie.
"We went down looking for you, but when you weren't they Hagrid offered us some tea and we didn't want to say no an... how did you know I was at Hagrid's?" She says, snapping out of her cute apologetic voice to a suspicious one. I look through the window and out to the forest where I hid. She looks through the window too to see what on earth I was looking at.
"What?" She says
"I was in the forest." I smile. Her head turns to me with shock.
"You were in the forest! People die in there hermione you could have gotten killed!" She punched me in the arm. OUCH! That's gonna leave a mark. I giggle and sit on my bed.

I thought about one thing that night. And that was forgetting today's events. Of corse I didn't know they would play a big part in the rest of the years events.

The next day I lay in bed the whole time. Ginny was there too and left for breakfast, lunch and dinner and brought back food for me too. She made everything feel better no matter what had happened. She was always there for me, even if it was about her own brother. Speaking of Ron, Ginny hadn't spoken to him since she called him foul. They were avoiding each other which only made us both feel horrible for Harry. Torn between his best friend and his girlfriend and other best friend. Harry had also told Ginny that Ron was still seeing Lavender.
"I just thought you would want to know." She said rubbing my arm as I held back a sob. Of corse I didn't want to know. But I was happy to hear it from her rather then stumble across then tomorrow in class or even doing... something.
The day flew by rather quickly with me and Ginny laughing and crying about everything and anything. When Monday hit, I wasn't prepared. My homework was all finished of corse but for the first time, I was dreading going to class. I through on my robes and went down stairs for breakfast. Their I saw Ron, lavender (🙄) and harry. As soon as Ron saw me, he swung a hand around lavender and walked off through the painting door. Harry shrugged and gave me a hug. Ron scoffed from behind me but I didn't pay attention to his obvious attempt to make me jealous. Ginny ran down the stairs and came to a holting stop beside me.
"Get over him." She says and pats me on the shoulder.

Thanks for reading chapter 5!!! Holy crap I have written 5 chapters in like 6 hours. My fingers hurt! It you enjoyed please like and give any suggestions for other stories or events you might want to happen or ... things you think will happen 😊