Chapter 35

Hermione's P.O.V

The huge monsters crowded around me like I was a weird bug. Their horrible breath filled the circle, I was not only going to pass out from fear, but from the stench. Suddenly, a flash of light strikes one of them in the chest. It wails in pain and runs off into the forest. I too, was wailing in pain. The other three turn in the direction of the light, I had just enough time to get to my feet and pull out my wand. I pointed the stick at one of their chest, and screamed,

"STUPEFY!!!" And a light shoots out the end of my one, sending another ginger giant, hurtling off. Their was still 2 more. Another ginger one and a snowy white one. The ginger one grabs me around the waist. His claws dig into my side, drawing blood and leaving me in unspeakable pain. "HELP! Whoever is there HELP!!!"

"I'm coming Hermione!" A familiar voice calls. I stopped crying for a second.

"Draco?" And like that, the wolf beast was pulled to the ground, me with it. As I hit the ground, the beast screams in pain and releases me from its grasp. My hand gets yanked and I am up on my feet. Tears are still pouring down my face and have satched my clothes.

"STUPEFY!" Malfoy screams and the beast runs off into the woods. The snowy white one looks at us. He doesn't sprint towards us, he doesn't hiss or growl, he simply runs off after his fellow... animal thing. I didn't even realise it had happened but I hurtled myself onto Draco, my arms wrapped around him like a present on Christmas.

"Thank you!" I cry, "I'm so sorry about before. Ron tried to was telling me all these horrible things about you,"

"So you kissed him?" He asked all sad. I huff.

"I would never. I didn't believe a thing of what he said and before I even knew what was happened, he threw himself on me. Much like I just did to you." I say letting go and sitting on the rock. He giggles and sits beside me.

"I'm the one who should be sorry. I should have listened to you wen you tried to explain. But I was just in my head because Pansy had been saying all this stuff about you and then when I saw that, I just,"

"It's ok." I say. I grab his hand. He looked ashamed. He looks up at me, and wipes the tears off my cheek. The cold air blows through the trees, sending shivers down my body. I walk over to the slightly scratched scarf laying on the dirt, dust it off and wrap it around my neck.

"That's where that went!" Draco says. I laugh and sit back next to him. "You know I talked to Blaise and Ginny,"

"Oh no!" He giggles.

"And I knew you'd be here when they convinced me to listen to you. Well, Ginny did. Blaise just sat there trying to cheer me up. But I realised when Pansy was talking to me, then seeing you and Ron and after talking to Ginny and Blaise, that you are the best thing to happen to me. And I'm so sorry for breaking up with you, and for telling Ron we were a thing, and hinting it to Pansy."

"It's ok. It had to happen sooner or later." I giggle.

"Well I'm glad it's sooner cos now I can do this," he leans in, hold my chin and kisses me. I couldn't help but smile.

"Have you ever conjured a patronus?" I ask. He jumps back a little, looking very confused.

"A patro-what?"

"A patronus! You know? The spell that shoots a protector out to save you from the souls sucking Dementors?"

"So I kiss you and you think about protection!" He says sounded offended, then his mood changes, "I can't tell if that's hurtful or sexy?" I giggle and playfully punch his arm, which he dramatically overplays.

"But seriously, have you never conjured, or even talked about one?"

"Oh is that the white cloudy stuff that comes out of the wand when the dementors are around?"

"YES! And sometimes, if your a very powerful wizard or witch, it can become an animal!"

"Why?"

"Think of it like your spirit animal. What you would be if you were not a human." I say, he smiles.

"Teach me." He start to bubble inside. I love when I get to teach! And I think he knows that.

"Ok so you have your wand. Ok so close your eyes," I say all yoga-y, "and erase all the bad memories from your mind,"

"Ok then this might take a while!" He jokes. We both laugh.

"Ok now think of the happiest moment of your life. The best time that you felt the most joy. And let that moment become you. Let your body be overtaken by that memory, let it be the only thing you think of. Feel that same happiness, and when your ready, stay focussed and say 'expecto patronum.'" We sit in silence. The only sounds is the whistling of the wind and Draco taking a few deep breaths ever now and then. suddenly, a precious smile arises on his face. He opens his eyes and casts the spell. Without any delay, a dazzling white light bursts out the wand. The shapeless could didn't form, instead a small bird emerges from the light. It walks on thing air for a second,

"A bird?" Draco says l, sounding almost disappointed. But before anyone else could say anything, the small bird turns around to face us, kneels down and sprouts an amazing, beautifully patterned tail.

"A peacock!" I correct, with a smile. He smiles as well.

"What does that mean?"

"You are smart, always need company. But you are brave and will fight for yourself and others."

"Not to shabby. Not going to lie I was excepting something a bit cooler like a snake or a scorpion but a cool bird will do." He says with a giggle. "What's yours?"

"Expecto Patronum!" I wave my wand and a beautiful otter swims out the end and flies around the air as if it was a kite.

"Awsome!" Draco says. He stands up, still holding his wand, letting the peacock roam, and goes to grab it but like it was a cloud, it disappears in his fingertips, leaving only a trail of vanishing white smoke. He frowns. Poor thing. I grab his hand and pull him onto the rock again and give him a side hug. We just sit there, for the rest of the night, sit and watch the otter dance off in the sky and around the trees and branches.

The next thing I know, I've woken up by by a warm fireplace. Was I in the common room? By the squishy ness of the couch and the fact that Draco was beside me made me doubtful. I opened one of my eyes fully and what I saw kind of shocked me.

"Hagrid?"

"Mornin!" He says, the fire was burning hot and the sun outside the window was rising.

"What are we doing here?" I ask, opening my other eye and sitting up. Draco was still asleep next to me. Hagrid flinches.

"Try not ta wake 'im up will ya. I was you two in the woods when I was gone ta take out some of the Yakabellies ya see. There these nasty buggers. Huge, red beast with long claws and yellow eyes!" His face went long. He went pale. "I'm guessin the scratches on ya arms from then ey?"

"Yeah!" I pull up my shirt and reveal the stab wound. I hadn't seen it yet either. It did not look good.

"Yikes! We needa get that checked out! But i saw you two asleep in a clearin' and thought it might be best ta take ya home. There was also an otter that had fallen asleep." He smiles. "Anyway, I'll let ya get some rest before ya need to get up for breakfast. I'll walk ya up meself after this so ya don't get inta trouble!" And he closes the door behind him and fangs. What a legend!

Wow. I wrote this chapter in like 10 minutes. Ok so shit is about to hit the fan next chapter so get prepared. And I know I saw that just about every chapter but things will be revealed next chalter, or the chapter after that. Idk when the BIG tea is about to be spilled but I promise it's sooooooon. Anyway thx for readingS it you enjoyed please vote for me and all the other chapters. I really love this book and I am so proud of it and what I have achieved in such a short time. Anyway cya 💖x