Chapter 47

Ginny P.O.V
We were sitting in my common room, Blaise, Harry, Ron and I. They were complaining to me and Blaise (who weren't really listening) about some teacher who was giving them extra homework on top of the assignments that were over due because the teacher didn't tell them they needed them in until the day before.

"If only Hermione were here." I joke.

"She would either brag that she finished it all a week before or yell at me for bagging a teacher." Ron laughs.

"Or yell at you for not doing the homework she did a week before." Blaise adds.

"Were is Hermione anyway?" Harry asks. Ron goes pink. I knew his secret and I wasn't sure if anyone else did as well.

"I don't know. I haven't seen her since dinner."

"Dinner was like 2 hours ago." Ron says. We look around the dorm as if she was hiding behind one of the beds, going to pop out like 'BOO! Gotcha bitches!'

"Wait I'm pretty sure she went back to Draco's dorm with him." I say. I look at Blaise and he shrugs.

"It sounds right but I don't know." He giggles.

"Well you two really should. You are her best friends!" Ron spits. We all look at him, even Harry. No one was really buying the tough guy act. Suddenly, Draco burst through the room. His face was red and puffy and Hermione was lying, cradled in his arms. We all jump up stunned. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" Ron shouts. Ok now we kind of believed him. Blaise grabs my arm and pulls me away from Ron,

"Just in case he snaps." He whispers into my ear and we both giggle.

"When she wakes up. Just go along with it please." He sobs. He was sniffling all the way to her bed where he placed her down.

"Go with what?" I ask. He ignored us and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Goodbye Hermione. I love you." He whispers. We all look at each other. Shocked and confusion fills all our faces.

"Draco what did you do?"

"What are we going along with?"

"Is she ok?" All questions each of us hit him with, he tenses up and walks to the door.

"PLEASE!" He snaps. "Just pretend you don't know me. For her." He runs off crying. It breaks me to see Draco like that, and Hermione like that. Lying lifelessly on the bed. Dreaming away as if nothing had just happened. Me and Blaise look at each other. He didn't say a word but I could read his face.

"Yeah." I say and he nods and runs after Draco.

"Draco!" I hear him call and then their voices fade out of sound.

"What just happened?" Harry asked. We were all left blankly staring at the door the others had just runs out. We couldn't answer because we didn't actually know the answer.

That night. I was left tossing and turning. I didn't get any sleep until the sun started to rise. Meanwhile Hermione lay across from me, in her bed, snoring away happily. I fear what would happen in the morning. What we had to go along with. What she would remember. The bird singing from outside my window sounded more like a screech. Rather then saying, 'it's time to wake up!' They were saying, 'get up you lazy pile of shit!' I rubbed my eyes and squinted them until the fuzzy dots disappeared. When my eyes finally adjusted I look across to Hermiones bed. She wasn't there. She must already be up. Groaning, I throw the blankets off my body and stand up, a little to fast might I add. This was one of those days you just really didn't want to have to live through. I hoped and prayed that when I saw Hermione, everything would be normal and she would go running up to Draco, giving him big gross kisses like she did everyday. But I knew that that wouldn't happen because even in a world as magical as ours, hopes and prayers aren't like 3 wishes we get granted. After a slouchy 15 minutes of getting ready. I trot down the stairs where I saw Hermione sitting on the chair reading a book.