Chapter 22

Draco's P.O.V

the night was getting darker, the winds were blowing stronger and the animals deep within the forest grumbled. Hermione and I cuddled up against the rock. she made me feel safe ever when no one else could. now that she was mine, i was too happy. little did i know that that could change oh so quickly. 

"We should really be heading back shouldn't we?" she says lifting her head off my shoulder. i take a little stretch and get to my feet. 

"yeah i guess." i say and kiss her on her soft forehead. the Sky wasn't as dark tonight. then again i didn't know how late it actually was. as the twigs snap under our feet as we walk out the forest we see something. something that truly frightens us more then the forest itself. the large door, to the grand hall of Hogwarts opens. the light from the inside bounces onto the grass. Hermione grabs my hand as we see a tiny silhouette escaping the yellow light. the door slams shut. Oh no! 

"What do we do?" she whispers, still holding my hand. i smile. 

"Hagrid's!" i say. i tug her hand and we both wiz towards the small hut on the edge of the forest. as i make my way to the front of the house, Hermione stops me.  

"wait! there's a back door, go through that so she can't see us!" she was so smart. this time, she tugs my hand and brings me to the back. the bangs the door quietly and before i knew it, the giant oaf Hagrid had yanked it open. 

"Hullo Hermione! whata you doin' 'ere?" he says. he has a big goofy grin on his face until he notices me standing next to her. then, he peers down at our hands, still gripped around each other. his expression looks like a fathers seeing his daughter with her first boyfriend, at the age of 12. she pulls me into the hut. it was warm, like literally warm. a yellow fire was glowing against the wall, a large dog known as Fangs sat on an arm chair near the fire. Hagrid's table sat in the center, sitting around the table was plates of cake and cups of tea. who was he having this with? 

"Great!" Hermione says, plonking down on a chair. i look at Hagrid, he looks at me. then we just watch Hermione, both completely oblivious to what is going on. "we need to make it look like we have been here for a while." she says picking up one of the cakes, analyzing it and putting it back down on the plate. 

"oh right!" i say sitting down on the chair across from her. she giggles at me. "what?"

"its like we are on a date!" she says. we both laugh and then notice Hagrid standing there, still very confused until. *knock knock knock* "oh no she's coming!" Hermione says sipping her tea. she crunches up her face before the door flung open. 

"Oh Hello! Professor McGonagal! Whata lovely surprise!" Hagrid says as she marches into the room. she looks at Hermione and I sitting at the table. 

"Why are you two still here? its very late,"

"how late?" i interrupt. i instantly regret it but she seems to brush it off and answer me anyways,

"9:30. you guys left 3 hours ago, just asking to pop into Hagrid's to ask him a question! what have you been doing all this time?" 

"Chatting! i haven't see Hagrid all year other then around the yard and i wanted to see how my dear friend was going Professor." hermione says. her kiss face voice is actually super adorable. 

"Hagrid, how could you let this happen?" 

"I dunno Professor, I'm sorry," Hagrid says. i feel kinda bad. he is getting in trouble for doing nothing. 

"ok then. lets take you two back." Professor McGonagal says, picking up the bottom of her night gown and opening the front door of Hagrid's hut. Hermione and I look at each other. Did we really just get away with that?