Chapter 36

Hermione's P.O.V

Hagrid has just dropped me and a moody, sleepy draco off at the large door. I had walked, I mean tiptoed all the way to the Gryffindor common room without getting caught and i was just about to get into my dorm. I didn't really care about the other girls in there because I had seen them waiting in the grand hall, they wanted to be He first there to get all the food first. Ginny was my only problem. I know if she knew I was gone (which he would but I could make something up if she didn't catch me sneaking in) I would not get a break from her questions. So I slowly, and painfully creek the door open as quietly as I could, and one toe at a time, stepped into the bedroom. To surprise, there was no one to be avoiding, everyone's bed was empty. Where was Ginny?

"Huh?" I say and then there was a slow, painful creeking behind me. I turn around to see an out-of-it Ginny, sneaking into the dorm. She was staring at the ground and gritting her teeth every time the door let out a squeak. "Uh... Ginny?" I say and she jumps.

"UH! Shit you scared me!" She says landing on the ground from her space shuttle lift off. I look at her as if she hasn't noticed something, which she hadn't but still. "What are you doing out of bed?" She interrogates.

"What were you doing out of bed?" I say. The same question but mine seemed more intriguing.

"Jokes on you I was never in bed!" She says trying to sound smart but really just dug her hole deeper. My eyes go wide and I start to smile. "Where were you all night."

"You know where I was all night the real question is where were you?" She stops. I stop. We both just stand there in silence. "I was with Draco. But you and Harry broke up unless..." I smile even wider. She shakes her head which makes her seem even more guilty. "Where you with Blaise?" I say. The smile was so wide it was literally from ear to ear.

"No! Yes. I mean maybe? I don't know."

"Well you were either with him or you were not with him. What's 'I don't know' about it?"

"As in it isn't what it looks like!" She says. I raise my eyebrow. "We just crashed in his dorm together when we were looking for you."

Ginny's flashback (Ginny's P.O.V)

"Where are they!" It was so late at night, it was nearly morning!

"I don't know. There is no way to contact them. Stupid wizards without there cool talking pocket screens!"

"You mean phones?"

"Yeah those things!" Blaise says all happy. I grab his shoulders and shake him violently.

"Snap out of it! We need to find them!"

"Don't worry Ginny. I'm sure they will be fine!" He says sitting me down on his bed and stroking me arm to calm me down.

"Oh no. What if Hermione killed Draco and then killed herself in regret!?" I say starting to panic, well continuing to panic.

"Like a Romeo and Juliet situation!" Blaise says. I look at him, with the strangest of expressions on my face.

"That's not how that ended!"

"Didn't they both die?"

"Yes but not by murder! That's more of a bloody baron situation!"

"THATS HOW THE BLOODY BARON DIED!"

"I know right! Who knew!" I say. Blaise was actually managing to calm me down with his hilarious stupidity. I'm sure he was faking most of it, or just layering it on thick to entertain and calm me down. We both laugh. "And hey, sorry for springing all the talking about us as a couple stuff before."

"No problem. I didn't mind it." He says with a smile. "And just for the record. I know I have said sorry about you and harry breaking up about a million times," he starts. I laugh, "but he really is a jerk. If he doesn't see you or who you are then her isn't worth it!"

"Aw. Thanks Blaise." he groans and shivers. "whats up?" i say with a slightly concerned giggle. 

"I'm never usually nice. there is only one other girl i was nice to and it ended up going south!" 

"oh my god! tell me all the gossip!" i say suddenly super excited. he laughs.

"Hermione told me your were a gossip." i blush. "but its nothing you need to know. even Draco doesn't know this happened to me and he knows everything about me."

"Well why doesn't he?"

"Cos at the time of this happening, it would have severely changed everything happening at this very moment!" 

"Wow. that's deep. but you can trust me." i say. i scooch over so I'm sitting right next to him. he smiles. 

"don't worry about it." he says and pats me on the head like I'm a dog. i giggle and turn even brighter red. things had always been flirty between us but we had never been more then just friends. did i want to risk such a good friendship? i did with harry and look how that turned out! he gets up without warning and walks over to a trunk at the end of his bed. i peer over and look inside. it was full of random cloaks, things from my brothers joke shop, stashed sweets off the train, an old broomstick and right at the bottom, he pulls out a bottle of vodka. 

"What?" i say laughing. 

"Why worry about Hermione and Draco when they are probably fine. why don't we pop open this bad boy and get this party started!" 

"i thought you were saving that for a special occasion?" i say with a smile. he smiles back and bounces his eyebrows. i laugh at his ridiculous face as he pulls off the lid and chugs some. 

"Malady!" he says graciously passing me the bottle, as graciously as you can pass someone a bottle of Vodka you just took a swig from. 

"Lets hope this doesn't become like Halloween!" i say and take a swing myself. 

an hour later 

we were quite drunk. we were laughing about anything and everything and didn't really make much sense. 

"its been a while!' Blaise splatters. 

"Wha'?" 

"Since Hermiome and Malfoy came back!" 

"its Hermiome! Her-mio-me...?" i couldn't even pronounce it myself. i shake it off and take the last shot from the now empty bottle. Blaise laughs at me scrunches up face. "I don't like bumming people out... so i wont. but thanks for being there for me. you constantly asking if I'm ok after that hoe dumped me, and saying sorry just proves you care." he looks at me like I'm speaking Spanish. then he just smiles goofily. 

"I do care about you. wanna dance?" 

"Wha'?" 

"DANCE!" he screams into my face. i know what he said i was just very confused. he gets up and pulls me up too. he starts bopping to no music and soon i follow along. we were so drunk. what were we doing? soon, we are to busy laughing at each other, we aren't even dancing, we are just laying on the floor, trying not to pee ourselves. i look over after i finally contain myself. 

"Blaise?" i say and shove his side. he was fast asleep. or was he dead. i checked his pulse and poke him hard in the side. 

"STOP!" he moaned. yes he was asleep. i just lay back on the ground and too, fell asleep. 

end of flashback 

Hermione's P.O.V

"It sounds like you really tried to look for us!" i say sarcastically. 

"well we did at first. we checked the Gryffindor common room, the library..." i roll my eyes and laugh. i have the best friends don't I? 

ok thx for reading. i was going to make this chapter long to fit in the more drama, the juicy stuff i was talkjing about at the end of last chapter but decided it was long enough. if you enjoyed, dont forget to vote for this chapter and all other chpaters. thx for reading eek