Chapter 45

Hermione's P.O.V
Everything seemed normal. The only thing that had changed was Ginny and Blaise were a couple. I saw that coming though. Me and Draco were happy and everything was great. Little did we know that everything would be different by tomorrow.

I woke up early with a stabbing pain in my chest. That's odd. I shake Ginny's foot until she wakes up. She groans and moans but finally snaps awake.

"What?" She spits.

"Nothing I just don't want to be awake alone right now." I say. She gives me a weird look. She didn't believe me and I didn't really either. "Ok fine I was bored and wanted to talk to someone." She smiles as if she had gotten something really big out of me. I roll my eyes as she starts to speak.

"It's good that everything is back to normal now."

"Except for one tiny detail!" She goes pale. "You and Blaise! You are a thing now. Which to be fair we all expected." She giggles and turns red. Ginny barely ever blushes so thing must be good. Speaking of the devil, Blaise burst through the door. I cover up my body and then realise I'm not naked. " BLAISE! This is the girls room your not supposed to be in here!"

"Has anyone seen Draco?" He says. I could read panic all over him. His eyes, his tone, is posture, his tensed fist and even in his foots ergany to run. Me and Ginny look at each other.

"No why?" She says.

"Something happened to his mum!" And like that, he was out of our room and crashing down the staircase. We look at each other again and take off after him.

"What do you mean something happened?" I scream from the top of the stairs. I started to worry. Something happened to Draco's mother and now he has gone missing! This can't be good. Blaise doesn't answer and just runs through the already open portrait door. The early birds inside the common room watched as a Slytherin ran out with 2 Gyrffindor girls calling and chasing after him. I honestly wonder what on earth it going on. We kept running. I couldn't get out of breath when something like this was happening. Down the stairs, through the corridors, around every twist and turn imaginable. The only time we stopped was when we were waiting for the stairs to connect. We finally come to a stop out front of Professor McGonagal's office. I am guessing Blaise was there ages before us but he wasn't alone. McGonagal herself and Professor Slughorn were standing outside the large Gargoyle. They both looks distraught and slightly fearful.

"What's going on?" I ask. No one answers. They all just stay looking at the ground in silence. "What happened to his mother?" McGonagal looks up at Blaise who just sighs.

Draco's P.O.V
I never came here alone. I was up really early and no one was wake so rather then bugging them I just came to the spot. Blaise has told me all about his encounter with the spot. Good to see it's giving other people good as well. It was just so peaceful. I watched as the peacock walked around the floor, leaving no mark on the soft, leafy ground. It's silver eyes looked at me. They were so soft and gentle. It bowed its head and then vanished. The sun was gaping through the trees. I should probably start heading back to the castle or I might be late. Plus I don't want any wandering teachers to find me. But when i get to the door, I slowly creak it open, trying to be as silent as possible and...

"There you are Mr Malfoy!" Professor McGonagal was standing right behind me. Crap. I slowly turn around to see her pale faced and red around the eyes. "Come with me now!" She doesn't grab my hand like I thought she would. Instead, she simply walks off, speedily has if she was in a rush. She follow after her, with every step getting more dreadful. For catching someone who had snuck not only out of bed but out of the castle, she was being super nice about it. We walk through the halls until we reach the entrance to her office. Outside I saw Ginny, Blaise and Mione standing out looking just as sad as McGonagal did. Standing with them was Slughorn. What did they do?

"What's going on?" I ask as I slowly come to a stop besides them. They all look at me in silence. Hermione sniffs and rubs her eyes.

"You haven't heard?" Blaise says. His voice was croaky as if he had been crying. I shake my head.

"No...?" Hermione walks up and give me a huge hug, sending me falling back just a little. She sobs into my arm and I could feel the tears weeping through my sleeve. Ginny hold Blaise arm.

"Draco..." McGonagal starts. She doesn't continue. I look around at all the depressed people. What was going on? "Your mother is dead."

A wave of emotions hit me. I felt like a was the titanic sinking into an ocean of sadness, anger, confusion. I was left unable to speak. Hermione let's put one big cry into my arm and grabs my waist tighter. My chest got tight and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. My eyes fill with tears as I fight the erge to cry.

"What happened?" I splutter. Did I even want to know? McGonagal blows her nose into her handkerchief and looks at Slughorn. He sighs and gives me a kind smile.

"It was a suicide." He says. I could tell he was trying to be sweeter about it but it still came off like a cold stab to the chest. It was all so much for one time. Everything was happening so quickly I didn't know what I was supposed to do. What was I supposed to do? My father is an escaped criminal and my mother is dead! I wrap my arms around Hermione. A tear falls from my eye no matter how hard I tried to resist it. No point holding back now I think to myself. Even if I didn't want to I couldn't control it. Tears poured out me like a river of sadness and despair. She was gone. Gone. And I never even got a chance to say goodbye.

Ok so I am so mad at myself. I was literally crying while writing this because it made me so sad and I feel kinda bad because I feel like this authors note is ruining it. Vote if you enjoyed reading and vote for any other chapters as well. We are so close to the end but don't worry it's not the end because there will be other books written by me so if you want to know when they come out, make sure to follow me and keep a lookout for any announcements I have 💕