Chapter 30

Hermione's P.O.V

I sat in the courtyard, watching Hagrid drag the large Christmas tree, leaving a path clear of snow trailing behind him. Draco had woken up late after last night and is only just getting ready. the chilly air blew on my face like a thousand little trucks.

"Hey!" Draco says running with 3 jackets on and a massive Slytherin scarf wrapped around his neck.

"Cold are you?" i ask sarcastically. he smiles and sits down on the bench next to me. the whole land was white. the clouds covered the sky, the snow covered the grounds and the windows were so fogged that no one could see or out of them. yet i still loved this time of year. We wandered the halls, only a few people stayed this year. most parents begged there kids to come home after last years events, to make sure everyone was alive and well. Ginny and I wrote to each other everyday I used Draco's owl most of the time without telling him, he believed it was home with his mother for the Christmas break. Blaise, Draco and I became the group of 3 Ron, Harry and I used to be. we talked about everything and i always helped them with their Holiday homework. there wasn't much to do during holidays at Hogwarts. all we did most of the day was sit in the Slytherin common room and by the fire, decide its to cold down in the dungeons and go to the Gryffindor common room instead. Every single day.

Me and Draco were getting closer and closer as the days went on. i was starting to admit to myself the feelings i discovered during Halloween. No one knew but me. every time Draco and I were alone, Blaise seemed to sneak up out of no where and give us there's weird looks. strange.

"you look freezing! aren't you freezing?!" Draco says. like usual, he has his 3 jackets on and his slytherin scarf on.

"I'm really not." i try to assure him but he is already unwrapping the slytherin scarf from around his neck and putting around mine. Slytherin scarf? on a Gryffindor?! image if Ronald saw me right now! about a week of the holiday had gone past. only 1 week left and i was, for the first time, dreading going back to school. it was peaceful here, finally and i liked it. like someone read my thoughts and decided it would be cool to destroy them, a black barn owl comes flying across the court yard, holding a letter in its beak.

"is that?" Draco asked standing up to get a better look, "Is that Bailey?" he says. the owl flies onto my lap and drops the letter at my feet. I look at Draco, his eyebrow is raised. i pick up the letter addressed from Ginny. she had replied. The last thing i had sent was a letter saying what we were doing throughout the day and asking how things were there. she was the only reason i wanted school to start again. i peel the wax sealing off the latter and unfold the paper inside. all over the paper were water marks and ink smudges. "What does it say?" Draco says patting Bailey, no longer concerned why she was here rather then at home. the letter read:

Dear Mione,

things were alright. WERE! Ron complained for about an hour after Mum asked why you weren't here.

"Shes a traitor! shes dating the Slytherin Scumbag!" it was really annoying. but he is not the one I'm sick of. things are just getting worse between Harry and me. we got into another fight just before. he was complaining that girls can be so dramatic about the silliest little things when i expressed how i felt about doing 'it'. they are so rude and disrespectful. all guys! i mean except Draco. i really just want to leave this house at the moment which is a shame considering its my house and i feel like I'm the one who has to leave!  I have been crying for the past hour and then I saw Bailey fly through my window. a much better owl then Erol ever was and ever will be. Piece of shit. anyway yeah all in all things are crap. I wont to leave and i hope everything stays fine with you.

Talk to you later - Ginny

"wow..." Draco says. the note was probably not something i should have read out loud.