Chapter 44

Blaise's P.O.V

"this is bad!" Ginny says. i agree. Draco and Hermione couldn't even be in the same room as each other anymore. they couldn't talk to each other or anyone and they couldn't even look at each other. "I'm seriously worried about them."

"I know."

"i guess you were right. they can break up before us!"

"Twice." i joke. she giggles. "But hey maybe this was for the best. i mean Draco wont even tell me why he broke up with her but i can take a whack at it."

"why?" i sigh.

"He was telling me the other day that his tattoo was getting darker." Ginny's eyes grow wide. she obviously knew more about it then i did. all the information i ever got was from Draco. "He says that the dark lord is growing in power and i think he is scared for Hermione."

"Well that's kinda cute. but also destroyed everything for us." she says, she moves over so that we are sitting right next to each other. something didn't feel right about us.

"Well maybe it was for the best of that too!" i say. she looks at me 1. confused and 2. a little offended. "I just mean that i know we are like a couple but come on! How long were we actually going to last?"

"Excuse me?"

"I know me and i would have freaked out before anything real happened." she giggles. "I would just,"

"Just what?"

"I cant get hurt again." she goes pale. i felt as if i was going to get hurt right this second. my eyes go glassy talking about this.

"Why would you think i would hurt you?"

"Because its happened in the past." i say. i was getting a little stressed and shot up from my seat. Ginny follows me up and i start pacing the room quickly.

"Is this the thing that you never told Draco because it would ruin things now?"

"maybe?" she grabs my hand and pulls me back down on the couch. "Last year, something happened between me and Pansy..."

"PANSY?!" she squeals.

"Yes! She told me she liked me and kept leading me on and then one day, she told me she was with Draco. Draco never knew i liked her and i never told him because he seemed really happy. now i know it was all a distraction." she looked at me speechless. i hadn't talked about this in so long, the story sounded unbelievable in my mind.

"I am so sorry that happened to you. But I'm not like Pansy." a tear rolls down her cheek.

"i know but i cant stop telling myself that I'm just-just a-a rebound." i look at the ground ashamed. she pulls her hand to her heart as if it was just broken. she smiles and pulls me in for a hug. i thought she was upset with me but she was upset for me.

"You are to good to be a rebound Blaise Zabini." she says. another tear rolls down her face and drops onto my leg. i look at her with a muddled expression. "Yeah i know your last name!" we both laugh. she pulls me in for another hug and then it hits me.

"We need to get Hermione and Draco back together!"

.....................

Draco was lying in bed. he had been all day. the only part of his body he moved was his thumbs as he was twiddling. it was still pretty light outside and we could hear the kids cheering and laughing in the yard.

"Why don't you go outside?" i ask awkwardly, trying to break the ice. He spins his head in my direction and gives me a glare. "ok, ok, cool cool cool cool." Geez, Blaise! get a grip. i don't know what had come over me but i shook it off and started taking things seriously. "Whats going on between you and Hermione. there are a lot more posters on the walls and your knuckles are always red and swollen." he shrugs and continues to watch his thumbs. i sigh. "come on man! you never even told me why you two broke up!" he sits up with a loud groan.

"We broke up because things weren't working out." he lies.

"well that's not true!"

"Oh and why is that not true?"

"Because a few days before, you had been told, to be fair it was by a little red haired rat, that you loved each other! you can't just hear that, know its 110% true, and then break up because 'its not working' so whats the real problem?" he stares at me, eyes narrowed but i could see a Draco smile creeping onto his face. it vanishes as he opens his mouth to speak.

"I don't know what I am going to do? the Death eaters are back and i am to much of a pussy to do anything about it! I cursed her to make her get off the train so she wouldn't go to Hogsmeade! and if that doesn't scream mistrust i don't know what does." i had so many questions about that story but it wasn't the right time to ask.

"It sounds like your just trying to protect her."

"EXACTLY! I'm just trying to protect her!" he says with a smile as if that helped him. i scoff, and whack him across the head. "OW!"

"Thats not a good thing idiot!"

"Its not?"

"NO! its Hermione we are talking about here. the only thing you have done is left her alone. you know Hermione and she will go after anything that is effecting her friends. and besides, a cute sentiment to think you can protect her but lets be real, she can protect herself and a whole army of 43 year old mean if it meant saving her friends. she is strong and amazing and you just provoked it! so if anything, you did the opposite of helping her." i say. he goes pale and then turns pink. "you love her don't you?"

"Yeah but,"

"NO BUTS! you need to show her that you love her and that no daddy issues is going to get in the way of that!" he nods his head aggressively. i knew Hermione would be doing the same thing right about now. Ginny and I knew our plan and we were going to stop at nothing to make sure it succeed.

Ginny's P.O.V

Hermione was sulking in the dorm like she had been all day. she had her slytherin scarf around her arm (i kind of had the suspicion she was trying to make it fall off but you know...).

"How you holding up?" i ask. she shrugs and sniffs. i hated seeing her like this and its exactly why Blaise and I made this plan. "Come on Mione your not really going to let Him do this too you?"

"What do you mean?" she says puzzled.

"Well i thought you loved this guy,"

"I do!"

"Then why are you letting him break up with you? i told you he loved you back and now you know... or think you know but that's not the point. the point is that you need to go to him and prove to him that you cant just be broken up with. ESPECIALLY not without an explanation like come on Draco pull it together!" she giggles. "That's my girl!" i stand up and yank her hand. she gets up and walks to the door. i could see the confidence and purpose with every step. with a deep breath, she wings the door open and...

"AH!"

"SORRY!" Draco screams. Blaise sqeezes past a bright red Draco and stands next to me.

"How did you do?" he asked.

"I have no clue!" i admit. she laughs and nods his head.

"i guess we are about to find out." they stand there in silence. just looking at each other. i couldn't tell whether it was cute or weird.

"Hermione? i am so sorry about breaking up with you... again. i was just worried about things that i will, get into later but for now i really hope you forgive me?" he pulls out from behind his back, a black rose.

"Oh Draco! I have never been more miserable then when i was left without you. i couldn't ask for a better boyfriend! i forgive you for breaking up with me... again." he grabs her waist and pulls her body into his. they kiss for a moment. cute, defiantly cute.

"Is that you and us one day?" Blaise asks nudging me in the arm. i smile at him and grab his hand. suddenly he goes tomato red and giggles hysterically. god i love my friends.

Lol just realized this would be a pretty good ending but no.... oh no. you have no idea whats coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thx for reading chapter 44 if you enjoyed, don't forget to vote for this chapter and any other chapters as well.