Losing Control

Ely got a text from Hillary. He forgot about the party and he was going to be late. Great. He stopped at the store to grab a couple of sides and rushed to the house. Fucking party. He didn't want to go, he wasn't in a party mood.

He walked in and people were already in the pool. People were having fun, laughing and playing. Shouting and squealing. He walked to the kitchen and Hillary was there, glaring.

Ely sighed. "Sorry, I'm late. I brought hummus and chips. There are three kinds in there." He stopped talking. "What?" He saw his dad glaring.

Hillary took the bag and set it on the counter without looking at it. "I heard you put in a transfer."

Ely looked around. "Eragon!"

Eragon peeked around the corner. "Sorry!" He was gone again. He was smart.

Hillary crossed her arms. "Well, that's not happening! My office. Now." She actually grabbed Ely by his ear and dragged him into her office and slammed the door. Darwin was there.

"Ouch!" Ely rubbed his ear as Hillary let go.

"Shut up and sit." Hillary sat in her chair. Ely was forced to sit beside Darwin. He saw a bottle of rum and two shot glasses. "If you tell a lie, you take a shot. You are talking if it kills you. And Ely, take a shot right now for that leaving transfer stunt. Now."

Ely took the tiny glass and downed it. Hillary filled the shot glass again. "Do you think this is necessary?"

Hillary nodded. "Nothing else is working."

"I don't really drink!" Ely stared.

Hillary ignored him and started with easy questions like name and age. Ely knew the tough questions were coming. "Darwin, how did it make you feel?" They knew what she was referring to.

Darwin glared. "Fantastic." He took a shot and filled it.

Hillary glared and looked at Ely. "Why?"

Ely just took the shot. "The devil made me do it." He downed it.

"Darwin. Did you ever miss Ely?" Hillary sighed.

"Yes, but my aim has been improving." Darwin smirked at Ely.

"Ely same question." Hillary pointed to the glass and Darwin downed his.

Ely glared and just took the glass and downed it.

Hillary sighed. "Fine. Be dicks. I quit. I'm done. Move far away that should help seal the relationship! So, you messed up. You are still here to fix it. So grow a pair and fix it!" She stormed out and shut the door.

Darwin and Ely were both shocked and stared at the door. Darwin poured a shot and drank it. Ely followed but neither talked. They just drank together in silence until they finished off the bottle.

The party was over and Hillary never saw the boys. She opened her office door and smiled. Darwin was lying on the couch and Ely was lying on Darwin's chest. Darwin's arms were wrapped around Ely's back. They were asleep. Dennis smiled. They just closed the door.

Darwin woke first. His head was killing him. Ely was lying on him, asleep. He just realized that he slept without a nightmare. It was still dark so he closed his eyes and held onto Ely, tighter. He listened to Ely's steady slow breaths until he drifted back to sleep.

Ely moaned as he woke up and the sun was out. "I am never drinking again." He couldn't move and realized that Darwin was holding him. Tight. Ely thought he was sleeping.